More Random ****

Ahwell. Marriage was a religious thing to start with. I'm sure they can rein the rules a bit LOL.
Does no one in the world know about civil marriages?

As for euthenasia?
Who cares what they say?

Go eat a few bags of sleeping pills and pain killers and go and have a nice long nap. You should be fine in the morning.....oh.
And how are you going to overdose if your paralyzed, or in a persistent vegetative state?

Err... can't they both be a father? For example, if I were a sperm donor, I might be the biological father, but I certainly wouldn't be the guy who raised and cared for them.

Yeah, technically, but no. When I'm say I'm adopted, people always ask me "Do you love your adoptive parents?" or "Do you call them mom and dad", even after I say I was 4 months old when I came to America... That pisses me off.

But you guys still force your "cure" on us anyway (e.g. banning gay marriage and euthanasia for religious reasons).

It's up to a vote, if the majority of people are against it for religious reasons, then it's up to them to ban it or not.

Yeah, technically, but no. When I'm say I'm adopted, people always ask me "Do you love your adoptive parents?" or "Do you call them mom and dad", even after I say I was 4 months old when I came to America... That pisses me off.
What I'm saying is, you can have an adoptive father, and a biological father. Don't think that for one minute that the adoptive father should be considered any less important.

It's up to a vote, if the majority of people are against it for religious reasons, then it's up to them to ban it or not.
Matters of civil rights aren't supposed to go to the vote.

Marriage is a civil union, not a religious union.
Got to agree with Dave here. What kind of a democracy is it where you just legislate away any rights you don't like? I bet you wouldn't be so quick to proclaim "majority rules" if it were heterosexual marriages being taken away.

What's so bad about allowing gay civil marriages? That way, gay people can get married, and religious bodies wouldn't have to perform or condone them if they didn't want to.

What I'm saying is, you can have an adoptive father, and a biological father. Don't think that for one minute that the adoptive father should be considered any less important.

Got to agree with Dave here. What kind of a democracy is it where you just legislate away any rights you don't like? I bet you wouldn't be so quick to proclaim "majority rules" if it were heterosexual marriages being taken away.

What's so bad about allowing gay civil marriages? That way, gay people can get married, and religious bodies wouldn't have to perform or condone them if they didn't want to.

Gay civil unions are fine by me. I've only seen..ahem..gay people whining about how they want marriages instead.

Mistake cause it's wiichat. Or, y'know, the internet for that matter... :/

LOL. Actually I accidentally posted the same thing twice.

I havent really got a stance on gay marriage. Religiously its wrong, but a LOT of people these days dont get married the 'religious way' anyway.

Also I dont think laws are quite in place yet for the rights of a gay married couple.

Should they receive different benefits etc?

LOL. It sounds like you are scolding him :D
But are you gay or not?
Nope. I'm plain, boring heterosexual.

LOL. Actually I accidentally posted the same thing twice.

I havent really got a stance on gay marriage. Religiously its wrong, but a LOT of people these days dont get married the 'religious way' anyway.

Also I dont think laws are quite in place yet for the rights of a gay married couple.

Should they receive different benefits etc?
I think the idea is that you would change the laws...

And why shouldn't they recieve the same benefits? Here in the UK a civil union entails exactly the same rights as a marriage, so it can work quite easily. And before anyone asks, the reason I think gay marriage should be allowed in the UK as well as civil unions is because I think gay couples have as much right to be "officially" married as heterosexuals.

I just dont understand why Gays want to get married. I also really just dont understand what compels someone to be gay... It really makes no sense to me. What can be appealing about that?

And isnt the reason people get married to create a homestead for children? How can they have children? Or are they all planning to adopt like Angelina Jolie?

Back