More thrid party titles for wii- article

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
here is an article i found hope you like

Industry analyst Colin Sebastian says more third-party games are coming to Wii despite Nintendo's history of poor external support.

More games coming to Wii says analyst
It has been said that people go where the money is. So it's no surprise that publishers are already shifting game resources to Wii in an effort to capitalize on its success. That trend will likely continue says analyst Colin Sebastian in a report on GameDaily.

"We believe investors should not be surprised that Nintendo titles are dominating bestseller lists early in the cycle, given the popularity of first-party franchises among Nintendophiles," he said. "But Nintendo does not want to predestine Wii to the lackluster market share achieved by the GameCube in the last console generation, and we believe the company has aggressively pursued third-party support and is offering new tools (such as the recently announced WiiWare) to expand content offerings."

In short, Sebastian believes lower cost and a broader audience will continue to "encourage additional Wii support" as many publishers have already begun doing. He estimates that developers need only to sell half of what they do on Xbox 360 and PS3 before seeing profits on Wii, thus more third-party games are expected on Nintendo's machine given its commercial appeal.

here is the original link

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=120588

comments? thoughts? all will be acknowledged

^ thnx, its 2bad people dont find this really important

good stuff, i'd like to know what games or companies are in on this. another reason why PS3 is done. i'll rep you tho if thats what you want. you can't really ask and it's not important but thats how i feel sometimes too.

i would have really thought more ppl would have been more intrested in this topic, but apperantly not

im estatic that wii is getting more 3rd party games

so basically theyre saying: lets bring more crap on the wii.
"sell only half" so its saying a game dosent need to be as good to make a profit. this article favors ps3 and 360 because on those consoles you will see original quality games that strive to sell as many as possible.

i do agree with what you say, but we have to relized that this buissness is a money buissness, companies will keep making shity games if people keep buying them, thats whats going on with the wii, because there isnt a big selection to pick from right now

The article doesn't give much information, but I haven't seen that many 3rd party exclusives that are "must haves" on the horizon. So far post-launch third party support is just ports of games that are better on other systems with some wacky half-arsed motion senstive stuff tacked on. (Ultimate Alliance any one?)

I don't really care if the wii is considered successful or not, I didn't buy it for the third party games. I buy nintendo systems for the nintendo mascots.

Sovieto said:
so basically theyre saying: lets bring more crap on the wii.
"sell only half" so its saying a game dosent need to be as good to make a profit. this article favors ps3 and 360 because on those consoles you will see original quality games that strive to sell as many as possible.

There's definitely going to be a lot (more) of crapware--that comes with the top spot. As I understand it, it happened to the PS2 juggernaut too.

3rd parties will be watching how games like MP3C and MOHH2 do, and if they do well, the 4th dev cycle will be a very happy one. When you come out of a dry season (GCN), it takes time to make all the wheels turn again.

yeah one of the editors at nintendo power did a very interesting article as to why crappy gaming titles will never take over the gaming industry because the good titles(like mp3) are going to do a lot better than cooking mama and what not

Back