More USB Ports?

Velo

Ex-WoW Addict
Mar 19, 2007
NSW, Australia
Wii Online Code
5713-6366-1495-4752
Hey sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a way to get more USB ports on the console? (without any major hassle)

Cheers

as far as i know, there isnt...

i dont think using any hubs would work..

BUT

why do you want more anyway, seeing as there isnt actually much use for them yet?

well yeah my logic was that one (if even used would be for the lan adapter) and one for a charge dock (again if used)...

i guess im looking at it the wrong way, as i dont use both of them at the moment, and i have an xbox 360 and pc right beside everything even if i did

i think nintendo themselves would have released a hub of some sort if they were bringing out charge docks and external hard drives, so at the moment in nintendo's eyes they dont need one...

make sense?

Yeah makes sense, but even having 2 charge docks and the LAN adapter you'll run out of ports unless you switch em when you want to charge them (I'm lazy).

GaryT85 said:
as far as i know, there isnt...

i dont think using any hubs would work..

BUT

why do you want more anyway, seeing as there isnt actually much use for them yet?

I don't see why hubs wouldn't work, since all the firmware that's needed is integrated in hub itself, in other words, it should work

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it.

Also, does it matter if I get a USB or USB 2.0 hub? I'll probably just buy one off eBay for cheap if anyone has some suggestions.

Last edited:
my laptop hub worked fine extra 4 usb dc powered... 12 bucks at wallmart.. dont really see the need for that much yet though

guess i didnt consider it working if dc powered :mad2:

i dont know what standard wii uses for its USB ports, but USB 2.0 is backward compatable with 1.0/1.1, so 2.0 would be your best bet anyway :p

Back