Most Pokemon for your buck

EricTheGr8

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2010
ok just fishing for some opinions here i have Pearl and Heartgold and im thinking of getting another game to help fill in alot of missing pokemon

which version is goin to give me the most bang for my buck as far as how many im missing between my versions and value wise of the more rare and special pokemon

so feel free to post up your opinions

If you've got a genuine "gotta catch 'em all" attitude, get Emerald for the GBA. It has ofcourse, the 3 starters you can only get one of once you beat the champion in Heart Gold, and a few legendaries you can't obtain in HG or Pearl. Emerald doesn't get you that many pokemon you plain can't get in HG/Pearl, though; only 3, ironically. Those 3 are all legendary, but... yeah. It takes a lot of work, but there is a LOT of pokemon available in HG.

Anywho, even between Pearl, Emerald, and HG, you'll still be missing a few pokemon;

Stunky/Skuntank: It's in Diamond only.
Cranidos/Rampardos: Diamond only, again.
Deoxys, Mew, Jirachi, Celebi: These are all pokemon you can only get via Nintendo events/cheating, and only a Celebi event will be coming up before the 5th generation pokemon games black and white.

The first 4 are easy to trade for, ofcourse. The later 4 could be hard to find, but if you've got wi-fi, I'd be willing to trade you these pokes for free, legit and not cheated. =)

thanks yea it be nice to get them all i got cranidos yesterday and have jirachi already i caught that event...just wanna get alot of the tougher ones like starters and legendaries and any event ones i can get my hands on thats why i was trying to figure out the most efficient way to get em

but yea after reviewing the various version info on serebii i figured emerald was probably the way to go as well

and overlaps on any special or popular/valuable ones is never a bad thing bonus trade bait lol but yea the rough ones of course would be the event ones sucks we get the short end of the stick on those some i could have gotten but didnt know about cause i wasnt playing as much was busy with other things but now i keep my eye out for postings on the internet about them to try to catch em when they come around

Back