Most Powerful Console??????/

duberryboy1

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2007
ok, i was thinking abot his 'next gen war' and it hit me. when has the most powerful console ever won?? everone talks about the wii being under powered but, wasnt the ps1 underpowered compared to n64 and wasn't the ps2 under powered compared to xbox and gamecube.

Can someone name a time when the most powerful console has sold the most.

You're quite correct. Being the most powerful console is never a guarantee of winning. In fact, in every generation of consoles since the NES days, the most advanced console has never won.

It's the games that make or break the console- for example, the Gamecube didn't have a lot of great games, and didn't do so well. But the SNES had more classics than you can shake a stick at, and it did very well.

I thought Sega won that console war with SNES? I mght be wrong but yes the Sega Saturn lost to the PS1 and Sega was more powerful system I think the PS2 had more power than the game cube

blogman54 said:
I thought Sega won that console war with SNES? I mght be wrong but yes the Sega Saturn lost to the PS1 and Sega was more powerful system I think the PS2 had more power than the game cube

The SNES/Mega Drive war was practically a draw, but they both beat the more powerful consoles available at the time. And the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 (although the Xbox outclassed them both).

This also carries into the handheld arena as well. gameboy has over come so many consoles that were more powerful eg. gamegear. also Ds is absolutely killing the PSP which is more powerful than the ds.

The most economic console always wins. If Sony could start selling PS3 games at $39.99 they would quickly gain ground. Sony used this strategy for the PS1, and it sold over 100 million units. The key is to learn from history and never repeat the mistakes of the past.

I'll laugh hard now. Most people seem to forget what happened even 2 years ago.

yea i made the mistake of saying " look at the psp graphics, now lets look at the ds ones! wow the psp pwns the ds" so i went and bought a psp...now i want a ds because it's cheaper,better games,stylus,blowing deal,microphone (i think?). plus it would be way better on a road trip. i thought the psp movies would be better than a ds but i have a portable dvd player now so i only play fifa on my psp.

scubasteve said:
yea i made the mistake of saying " look at the psp graphics, now lets look at the ds ones! wow the psp pwns the ds" so i went and bought a psp...now i want a ds because it's cheaper,better games,stylus,blowing deal,microphone (i think?). plus it would be way better on a road trip. i thought the psp movies would be better than a ds but i have a portable dvd player now so i only play fifa on my psp.
WTF is a blowing deal? I think both PSP and DS suck. I have both of them and I use the PSP the most but only for browsing the web and such. I only have one game for my PSP, GTA. I have five games for my DS but none of them are too great except Mario 64 which I have beaten five times.

scubasteve said:

I done what you did but in reverse. When the ds first came out in england i bought it on release day, as the only other handheld i had to compare it to was gba and at that time it looked much better comapred to gba. but then i started seeing the psp and the graphics of the psp. Straight away on release day i bought a psp and my ds gathered dust till february of this year. but then i started seeing the quailty of games on ds; animal crossing, new super mario,trauma center, lost in blue 2 etc. I started playin ds again now all i use my psp for is web browsing.

Get a ds you wont be disappointed.

Everysystem sucks comparded to the Atari! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!! I AM A PASTAFARIAN!!!!

Back