Most underrated Wii Game?

To be Honest "FFS!", i was a master system owner, but i always played on my cousins Mega Drive, so I'm a SEGA fan. But the Secret Rings maan, it just had something missing, maybe it was tails and knuckles, i don't know.
But when i played it at my mate's it just didn't appeal to me, and honestly i think SEGA rushed it, just to grab the first sales, and Nintendo just keep hyping up and delaying their key games like smash bro's and mariokart, they're making people want it more and more, so they're naturally guaranteed to make the sales, providing plenty of time for perfecting the game, (plus the fan's ofcourse). That's not inlcuding me i'm afraid. I will get them though i heard it involves allot of button smashing, and i'm good at that.

Red Steel for me

I am really enjoying this game right now.

the controls are a little jerky, but considering this was a launch title the depth of use of the Wii mote and nunchuck is great!

hoping they are going to release red steel 2 pretty soon

Es

Godfather: Blackhand Edition. A prime example of how wii controls can turn an average game into a great game.

Mercury Meltdown, its a really fun game that my bro picked up used for 10 bucks, and is a really charming puzzle game :smilewinkgrin:

Well, I think the main point is, games such as:
godfather
redsteal
ssx blur
and others, aren't very good games. They appeal to very small crowds. Consider yourselves the select few that truely appreciate those games. Games like Corruption, Galaxy, Twilight, Brawl (maybe not brawl) aren't necessarily epic games either. The main problem is the enormous fan base of beloved characters and continued stories. As long as the game meets the expectations rating will be high. Another issue is the mad advertising. Not a person with a Wii didn't know about Super Mario Galaxy while other games were completely unheard of. Metroid Prime: Corruption got it's own channel right before release. As one person said, they just really like snow boarding and the previous SSX games so the game appealled. Thousands of people love Nintendo characters, even those that rate the games, causing unrealistic ratings and unreal sales numbers.

Although, IMO, Corruption, Galaxy, and Twilight were incredible games.

If anygame got low ratings that didn't deserve it, I'd have to say it was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. That game, due to the Wii Zapper and co-op, along with the on-rail system provided a fun game for even those casual gamers. My girlfriend, that hates games, enjoyed this game. Obviously that says something. She's never played a game in her life and she said she liked it because she could easily jump right in and it felt like being at the arcade. Not to mention the interactive remote (zapper).

Wiimoto said:
Mercury Meltdown, its a really fun game that my bro picked up used for 10 bucks, and is a really charming puzzle game :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah this game is great, some of the later labs are sooo hard tho, havnt completed it yet.

I think that SSX Blur is highly underated. It is one of the deepest most fluent snowboarding games ever. I've been playing snowboarding games for a while and got bored with all the repetitive games. But SSX Blur reinvigorated my love for this genre.

Xaegoth said:
Really?

I have honestly thought about picking this game up.

Have enjoyed the Cabela games on 360, like Alaskan Adventure.

I have really enjoyed it thus far. If you like Cabelas other titles, Im sure you would enjoy this one too.

i think the most underated, in scores is "Mario Party 8".....even it has sold about 4, 000, 000 coopies worldwide...... ;p

don't think about a game by just watching a score or a review... ;)

I've been playing video games for 15 yrs n excite truck gave me the most fun out of playin video games. if u get used to the controls, ur hooked for the best ride of ur life in a game

I too think RE: umbrella chronicles should have gotten even better reviews than it did. I enjoyed it a hella lot more than RE:4.

And Far Cry: Vengeance.... received AWFUL reviews, but heck- I got some laughs, and the multiplayer is just super!

EDIT:
Mortal Kombat & Mario Party 8!

Last edited:
FFS! said:
i would say the game that isnt talked about enough or given enough credit is super paper mario. This is one of my fav. games of all time and its amazing.

Yes, I agree. Too many people talk about how they don't like the lack of true RPG feel in comparison to the original, but I love it, I don't care much for "selecting my attack".

Back