Most unrealistic aspect of The Bigs

wookiemofo

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2007
When a clutch hit is activated by the computer, and it hits off the foul ball pole and goes foul... computer counts it fair (homerun). Obviously it's an automatic HR, but don't allow the ball the go foul off the pole.

Pretty hurried game if you ask me. Granted super fun, and I'll play it for a long time to come. But as soon as MLB comes out, this game will collect dust. Had they added a season mode, it could have been one of the best games of 07. You'd think after getting their a$$ kicked in sales from EA all those years in NFL, 2K would have learned to spend a little more time to perfect the game.

That being said, back to my twins rookie series.

trevorsantos said:
is the game good so far?
The Bigs is a sweet game, rookie mode is quite long actually. Season mode would have made it alot better, but this is an arcade game and that can just be what the sim baseball game that surely comes out later can be for. This game is definitely worth it. Check out some earlier threads on this topic for indepth reviews and plenty of talk regarding gameplay, etc.

wookiemofo said:
When a clutch hit is activated by the computer, and it hits off the foul ball pole and goes foul... computer counts it fair (homerun). Obviously it's an automatic HR, but don't allow the ball the go foul off the pole.

Pretty hurried game if you ask me. Granted super fun, and I'll play it for a long time to come. But as soon as MLB comes out, this game will collect dust. Had they added a season mode, it could have been one of the best games of 07. You'd think after getting their a$$ kicked in sales from EA all those years in NFL, 2K would have learned to spend a little more time to perfect the game.

no in real life, as soon as it hits the pole, its fair no matter what. trust me, im an umpire. we call it the fair pole.

@trevorsantos: game is awesome. im going through being my third player right now. i was a 1B, then a RF, now im a 2B.

WiiBad said:
The Bigs is a sweet game, rookie mode is quite long actually. Season mode would have made it alot better, but this is an arcade game and that can just be what the sim baseball game that surely comes out later can be for. This game is definitely worth it. Check out some earlier threads on this topic for indepth reviews and plenty of talk regarding gameplay, etc.

thanks for the review for that i just repped you.:yesnod:

wookiemofo said:

1) You're dumb for not realizing that in baseball if a ball hits a foul pole it's a homerun no matter where the ball goes after.

2) You're dumb for not knowing The Bigs was suppose to be an arcade style game like the Blitz football games.

I finally got the game, and have to say it is better than I expected, and I thought it was going to be good. The rookie challenge is all I've been doing and it is extremely fun. As a couple people have already said, no matter what direction the ball goes off the foul/fair pole it is a home run nonetheless. Fielding takes a bit of getting used to but once you figure it out, it's a lot of fun all around. I really like how you have to pitch in order to get each type of pitch, twisting while moving, and batting is all about timing. All around good game, definitely a lot of fun, but has anyone tried out the multiplayer on it yet?

vagrant said:
1) You're dumb for not realizing that in baseball if a ball hits a foul pole it's a homerun no matter where the ball goes after.

2) You're dumb for not knowing The Bigs was suppose to be an arcade style game like the Blitz football games.

Damn bro... you don't have go calling me dumb.

I haven't played this game yet. I might rent it, not sure. I think I'm more into realistic baseball games, such as MLB 2007 that I might pick up.

lol, this is horribly off topic

A quick google image search turned up a "john cho".....so, I assume you think I'm gay vagrant? haha

Nah, that's me.

Brawny said:
lol, this is horribly off topic

A quick google image search turned up a "john cho".....so, I assume you think I'm gay vagrant? haha

Nah, that's me.

LMAO no no. I thought it was the kid who did the virginia tech shooting. Because I know he had pics of himself pointing a gun.

all of you azns look the same.

Back