Motion Plus vs Natal vs Ball on Stick

Isn't more accuracy the whole point?

If accuracy isn't important to you then what attracts you to the Ball on a Stick? You just like balls or something? :confused:

what i mean is, WMP really isnt introducing anything new. NATAL and the Ball on a Stick bring something new to both systems. Nintendos just "improving" an old product.

what i mean is, WMP really isnt introducing anything new. NATAL and the Ball on a Stick bring something new to both systems. Nintendos just "improving" an old product.

Shouldn't that be a good thing? That improvement puts Nintendo ahead of the competition by making a well established controller work even better for future games.

well, it isnt really anything new, like NATAL or the ball on a stick. a new peripheral for the wii would've been better IMO, instead of just an attachment.

I find it funny how you say it's horrible that Sony's (and Microsoft's) need a camera for them to work, but then go on to say that next gen, Nintendo will add a camera to the sensor bar.

The Wii remote does NOT need a camera in order for it to function. At worse it uses an IR sensor for pointing controls. You must have not played a Wii yet.

I did NOT say they will add a camera. All I said is that if they feel the need to it would be simple and I did not mean they should use a camera for motion controls. With the addition of WiiSpeak I would love to see the mic and sensor bar integrated by next gen.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough or maybe it just went over your head and shaved it.

The Wii remote does NOT need a camera in order for it to function. At worse it uses an IR sensor for pointing controls. You must have not played a Wii yet.

I did NOT say they will add a camera. All I said is that if they feel the need to it would be simple and I did not mean they should use a camera for motion controls. With the addition of WiiSpeak I would love to see the mic and sensor bar integrated by next gen.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough or maybe it just went over your head and shaved it.

I think you'll find that I didn't say that the Wii remote needed a camera to function. Try reading.

You were talking about next gen, and said that by then Nintendo could easily add a camera, which must mean that you either want them to or wouldn't mind them to. Which is funny since you said that Sony/MS using a camera was 'horrible'.

Yeah maybe you just weren't clear enough.

Well yes and no... When designing a controller that can be held in one hand, there are not a lot of shapes to choose from (especially if you want to be able to point with it).

The Fairchild Channel F had this back in 1976:
fairchild_channel-f_1.jpg

lol that's cool, I want one!.. but I don't only meant it about the shape, but about what it does. It looks to me like it's the attempt of Sony to get up to date about motion controllers and what Nintendo has done.

Motion Plus for me. I think Natal'll fail, the 360'ers don't like Wii so they won't buy motion sensing. I think its better to hold a motion controller & actually control your movement instead of pretending to hold a gun, it'd seem uncomfortable, however it'd be good for Street Fighter/etc or DDR. I think Sony's wand'll be good though, however it'll be 2nd to WMP

Back