Motion sensing ruin games?

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I just finished playing 18 holes of Tiger woods 08 and it is absolutely terrible. I think that motion sensing has ruind this game and this may happen to other really good games. Thoughts?

imagine playing UT3 on the wii. LOL!!!

I cant even play it well on a controller, its to fast paced. I need a mouse/keyboard to actually do well.

Wow I thought for sure Golf games would be a blast for that crowd. I personally don't really like Golf but I thought the motion sensing definitely enhances the experience in Wii Golf.

But to answer your question I think Motion sensing has a fair chance of ruining on ports, it seems only EA and RE:4 have nailed it so far, but other ports seem to throw in random motion sense gestures at the last second making the games either bad or very gimmicky.

Meh, some games look good.
Depends on the type, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it ruins games.
Look at MP3, and some other new games.

Even the games not made by Nintendo, in most cases, its the gameplay or game itself that is bad, the controls tend to make up for it.

I think in a game like tiger woods you want the finesse to make those good swings. With the wiimote it becomse a question of Hard, less hard, slow and really slow instead of accurate timing when to swing with the push of a button.

I think it definitely depends on the game. Something like Tiger Woods, I think it makes it better to be honest, but only as long as they get the controls right, and they work as you would expect them to. The same goes for some other games, like RE4, Corruption, and just shooting games in general - but again, as long as they get the controls right.

There are some games that will be ruined by motion controls though, I can't think of any off the top of my head but there are bound to be some, as it would be hard to implement motion controls into the game effectively. This may be the case with Fifa 08, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think motion control will enhance more games then it ruins if proper time is taken to perfect the controls before shipment. If a game seriously can't be developed for the Wii Remote, it should be designed to play with the GC controller/classic controller.

I wouldn't say motion sensing is ruining games, but it can be over done.

I think Tiger Woods 08 is fun with the wiimote. It feels good and you have to be consistent in your form. Yes I could flic the remote and get similar results but it's harder to control the draw/fade.

The problem I have with TW 08 is that it's not like MS Links way back in, what, 1996?

I like it but as soon as I got the wii I wished that it was optional. Use the sensor/motion or if you want just an controller.

balsho said:
I like it but as soon as I got the wii I wished that it was optional. Use the sensor/motion or if you want just an controller.

So, I don't mean to nitpick but if the first thing you thought when you bought the wii was that you wished it didn't have motion sensing...then I don't know quite what to say. What exactly would be the point of the Wii if you could just use a normal controller? You'd have a 360/PS3 with worse graphics, nothing more.

Taero said:
What exactly would be the point of the Wii if you could just use a normal controller? You'd have a 360/PS3 with worse graphics, nothing more.

I couldn't agree more... i think that there is some people that just really dont like change and arent willing to give it a try. Ill admit the first time i tried tiger woods and madden i did not like them. It was really difficult because it is totally unlike any gaming experience youve had in the past. After a few games though i found them both very enjoyable and actually prefer the games that way. Some people are just plain set in their ways and always will be and thats why there is an xbox 360 and a ps3. So plug those into your 13" crt dial tv's and get xbox live through your 56k and sit and watch as we enjoy the future of gaming now. :wink:

It doesnt ruin games if you know what your doing

Nintendo Wii: Legend Of Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime3:Corruption, Mario Strikers Charged, Madden 07, and 08, Super Paper Mario, Excite Truck, Rayman Ravving Rabbids, ScarFace:The World Is Yours, The GodFather:Blackhand Edition etc....these were all great successful games....that were implemented with motion-sensing..

Back