Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MotionPlus, a full online mode AND curly wigs? It's too good to be true, surely...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by castlezelda, May 20, 2009.

1. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hee's the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/first_impressions_virtua_tennis_2009

As for me, this tennis is 10 dollars cheaper than the EA's tennis version of the Grand Slam Tennis and both have Online, and wii potion-plus and I gotta like EA's games they make, but then again I love SEGA also, Sega's HTOD over went down amazingly well, the 2 & 3 return i wasn't thrilled with.

I just wanna beat some tennis ars's

2. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Nice article, thanks for posting it.

This is going to be a really tough choice.

I'm not to keen on Grand Slams use of buttons for certain shots but it seems that motion plus might be better implemented as previews have said it makes a big difference.

On the other hand it sounds like Virtua Tennis plays a more natural game without the need for buttons but the motion plus doesn't make such a difference. If this is because the normal Wii controls are really well done as the article suggests then it could be the game to get.

It is just too close to call at the moment, so I'll wait for the reviews to come in for both before deciding. With both games releasing so close to each other it is going to be the biggest head to head on the Wii yet.

3. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
  4. goheat

goheat alot is not a word

Wii Friend Code: 1111-1111-1111-1111
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    There is still some confusion as to whether you will be forced to use A or B buttons for lobs or drop shots in Grand Slam Tennis. Previews seem to be conflicting. However, I'm thinking (hoping) that the reality is what EA’s Dave McCarthy says in a hands-on preview article I saw at http://www.incgamers.com/Previews/51/

"McCarthy goes on to explain how, once you’ve truly got to grips with the controls, you can actually pull of lobs and drop shots using Wiimote movements alone, with no need for the modifier buttons."

5. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

If that is the case then it makes it an even harder decision! The competition is a good thing though because hopefully at least one of them will give the in depth tennis experience that I've been waiting for since Wii Sports.