Moving Info from one Wii to another...HELP!!

jsbailey

WiiChat Member
Oct 2, 2007
I am lucky enough to have a friend that has let me borrow his Wii. My husband and I have played LOTS of games and created many Mii's. We have recently bought a Wii of our own and are trying to figure out how to move our saved information to the new Wii. We have a SD memory card. Do I have to download something to get this working? Can this even be done?
I've looked up a couple of things online and I am confused at this point! This is my last route!! Thanks for any help that can be given!!

Put your SD card into there wii and go to settings and drag all the saved stuff from the wii onto the SD card

What is VC games? Is this ALL games? But I can move the Mii's over, right?

VC= Virual Console (don't worry about that)

it should take all your saved game data and I'm pretty usre about mii's

if the mii's don't work, just save them to your controller and transport them that way

You can send your Mii's from one Wii to the other from the actual mii plaza, through the internet. Or, you might be able to save them to your wiimote (10 at a time), and move them like that, although I don't know if you can get them off the wiimotes memory... I don't think you can save Mii's onto an SD card though...

Another thing to note is that you will not be able to edit the mii characters on your new system. When you create them they know what system they are made on and will only allow editing on the system they were created on. I found this out when I had my system replaced by Nintendo and the other day I tried to edit some I had made on the defective system.

Back