Moving to America from New Zealand... NEED HELP WITH WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilan354

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2009
Hi,
We are moving to America from New Zealand in April:smilewinkgrin: and i am bringing my Wii. I know that I will need a power transformer for the 110/220 power supply difference but do you know what I will need for the TV? We purchased the Wii in New Zealand. Also if I purchase any games there I know I need a freeloader. what version should I get? Also I have Guitar Hero 4 with just the Guitars and microphone. Can I use them there?

Thanks very much,

Ilan

tv outlet plugs should be the same

think your main concern is voltage issues

TV should be fine, You will just need a voltage adapter. And i thought Nintendo blocked all the free loaders. So you might have to import all your games from PAL territories.

And i thought Nintendo blocked all the free loaders. So you might have to import all your games from PAL territories.

What do you mean? I have seen many freeloaders out there. I am running 3.1 (or 1.3 cant remember) firmware. I think I heard that Nintendo did block it for 3.3 (or 1.3) and up. What do you mean by import? My wii is not chipped.

1. I believe all you will need for power is a regular Wii power brick for NA. So when you get here, just go to Gamestop or wherever and buy a Wii power brick.

2. Eventually you will be forced to upgrade your firmware for any newer retail game that requires it. The only freeloader option would be one that works through the Homebrew Channel, and it will be periodically blocked with new firmware updates, then ceremoniously unblocked by the homebrew programmers.

3. Import simply means that you will have to buy PAL region game disc's (if you do not have a working freeloader program), which are not available in NA, so you will have to order them online from a PAL region shop.

4. There's no reason you're games/accessories/controllers you have now will not work.

Back