MP3 outsells BioShock?

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
http://www.gamasutra.com/ph%70-bin/column_index.%70hp?story=8740%A0

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption bests former overall sales leader BioShock in its first week of release, becoming the week's single best-selling software title across all platforms in the United States. With few major Wii releases on the horizon, Corruption's place atop the chart is likely to remain uncontested over the next several weeks as well. Positive buzz from upcoming titles like My Sims and Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party could bring a reshuffling of chart positions in the near future, however.

Is this true? I'm not sure I believe that source.

It's just saying that Metroid sold more in its first week than Bioshock in its second week. Not that Metroid has sold more than Bioshock overall.

allthough if mp3 did sell more than bioshock i wouldn't be that surprised since wii has more sales than the 360 and 360 fans are waiting for halo 3 which comes out only a month after bioshock,

i dont like bioshock....it just has that feeling about it.
the trailer creeps me out aswell..

Data for "Saling The World" comes courtesy of the public sales information on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.co.jp, with sales split out for each platform and territory, and pre-orders disregarded.

I doubt it they messed with any numbers, but the numbers appear to only represent amazon data. I'd rather see total sales figures rather than amazon rankings--not that they aren't interesting.

Personally I would expect MP3 to outsell Bioshock, not surprising whatsoever. Bioshock doesn't appeal to as many 360 owners as MP3 does to Wii owners.

blueovalboy7 said:
Personally I would expect MP3 to outsell Bioshock, not surprising whatsoever. Bioshock doesn't appeal to as many 360 owners as MP3 does to Wii owners.

I can't turn a corner without running into someone begging me to buy bioshock. And you may be right about the numbers, but MP3C hasn't got nearly the level of free publicity bioshock has.

It's just surprising because up until now Bioshock was the sure-as-heck winner for Best FPS. I'm quite surprised at how many copies Metroid has sold...though I don't know the number, I know that Bioshock was sold out everywhere. If MP3 outsold that then i'm thoroughly impressed.

I guess I wasn't a rare case. I decided to buy it the day it came out, but before that day I wouldn't even look at the game. Just something about it drew me in.

I take all these figures with a pince of salt. Most are just ammo for fan boys to express how big their cyber dick is.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular!!!!! :lol:

mp3 beats bioshock in its first week during bioshocks second week? nothing wrong with that. but they offer no sources besides the site itself which leads to an infinite loop of you clicking at their site.

Marc said:
I take all these figures with a pince of salt. Most are just ammo for fan boys to express how big their cyber dick is.
very true, the whole wii beating 360 in sales things (which hasnt even been offically confirmed but people jumped to the conclusion it was true) just lead to wii owners having something to rave about that means nothing to them. which is why my post in one of those threads was along the following:
wow, i didnt know Miyamoto had so many sons.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
mp3 beats bioshock in its first week during bioshocks second week? nothing wrong with that. but they offer no sources besides the site itself which leads to an infinite loop of you clicking at their site.

very true, the whole wii beating 360 in sales things (which hasnt even been offically confirmed but people jumped to the conclusion it was true) just lead to wii owners having something to rave about that means nothing to them. which is why my post in one of those threads was along the following:
wow, i didnt know Miyamoto had so many sons.

^^True, compare prime to bioshocks first week and use reliable sources rather then that site.

Hmm, I wonder how brawl will compare to halo.

Sovieto said:
very true, the whole wii beating 360 in sales things (which hasnt even been offically confirmed but people jumped to the conclusion it was true) just lead to wii owners having something to rave about that means nothing to them.

Install base leads to more, better 3rd party games. If you know of some other way to improve the lineup, let me know. Having the fastest selling console means a reason to hold on to your [STRIKE]Wi[/STRIKE]... Revolution.

I don't deny people jumping the gun, but when the Wii has officially outsold the 360, players will have reason to rave.

Back