mp4 issues

The_Loose_Cannon said:
its Windows Media Player im sorry not WMA. my bad :(
No Problem. :D

anyways, ill try that too.....it was an episode of scrubs that i converted and it went to 4G :yikes:
Hehe, I love that series. Though in the UK, they get repeated so often, it's not really worth forking out the price for them on DVD.

it was uncompressed so what should i change it to?
There should be options to change it to something like Microsoft video 1, Intel Indeo video, Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec or something. Basically, something older than Xvid, 3vid or DivX (unless it supports DivX, in which case, go ahead).

Just looked on the website.
"Support WMV, MPG, MPEG I, MPEG II converted to AVI playing (Software included)".
This should mean that you could always open the original file into Windows Movie Maker (possibly, if it's supported), and save it as a WMV file, and then convert that file from there. Bit of a long way around, but it might work...

Last edited:
ok i have NO idea what you are looking at :(

i got RAD video tool.

this is what i see

radtoolsfd4.png

radtoolsconvertfr7.png

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ok i have NO idea what you are looking at :(

i got RAD video tool.

this is what i see

radtoolsfd4.png

radtoolsconvertfr7.png
Ooo, new South Parks? I'll have to download them...

...Anyway, from there you should click on convert. Then it'll start prepping the file. After that, you should have a little box in front of you that asks about video compression.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Ooo, new South Parks? I'll have to download them...

...Anyway, from there you should click on convert. Then it'll start prepping the file. After that, you should have a little box in front of you that asks about video compression.

ok i got that much, but what should i click it to?

compressorca9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
ok i got that much, but what should i click it to?

compressorca9.png
Microsoft video 1, Intel Indeo video, Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec or something.

Should have at least one of those. If not, send me a print screen of what you do have.

Ahem.... XXX chat? Does Brawny know?

Squall7 said:
Microsoft video 1, Intel Indeo video, Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec or something.

Should have at least one of those. If not, send me a print screen of what you do have.

Ahem.... XXX chat? Does Brawny know?

it has microsoft video one :) should i adjust the compression quality? its at 75 right now?

and yeah lmfao!!! bitlord has that for some reason.....i clicked it once outta curiosity and its just some stupid popup thing. really lame. haha. i wish there was a way to get rid of it

The_Loose_Cannon said:
it has microsoft video one :) should i adjust the compression quality? its at 75 right now?
Depends. The lower the file size, the lower the quality, and vice versa.

75% should be okay. Sometimes you don't need to take it to the best quality. After a certain point it wouldn't get better anyway.

and yeah lmfao!!! bitlord has that for some reason.....i clicked it once outta curiosity and its just some stupid popup thing. really lame. haha. i wish there was a way to get rid of it
Lol. I find that things like that are kinda creepy. In fact, half the internet is...

...The amount of time's I got "ASL"ed in a 3d pool games was unbelievable. Someone once asked me to roleplay with them, as their brother...

...No need to say it, but I kinda left the conversation at that point!

Squall7 said:
Depends. The lower the file size, the lower the quality, and vice versa.

75% should be okay. Sometimes you don't need to take it to the best quality. After a certain point it wouldn't get better anyway.

Lol. I find that things like that are kinda creepy. In fact, half the internet is...

...The amount of time's I got "ASL"ed in a 3d pool games was unbelievable. Someone once asked me to roleplay with them, as their brother...

...No need to say it, but I kinda left the conversation at that point!

then ill leave it at 75

that should convert it to avi normally right?

and yes, that is pretty odd! i stay away from those type of things lmao. i remember i was playing i think it was boogle at the time on yahoo games and i got the same type thing i was like DUDE I WANNA PLAY THE GAME WTF! ew i hate that :(

ANYWAYS!! lets see if this helps! be on stand by! if it does, youre my hero for today

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ANYWAYS!! lets see if this helps! be on stand by! if it does, youre my hero for today
Lol. US time should be around 5 hours behind UK time (I think it's NY time, anway), and UK time is around 1.45. So it should be around 8.45pm? Hero for 3 1/4 hours aint bad! Lol.

But ye, should work then..

Squall7 said:
Lol. US time should be around 5 hours behind UK time (I think it's NY time, anway), and UK time is around 1.45. So it should be around 8.45pm? Hero for 3 1/4 hours aint bad! Lol.

But ye, should work then..

ill rephrase it to hero for the weekend how about that?? :thumbsup:

right now its at 24% just another 10 min tops and thats it. ill seeif it plays on the player...i hope i hope i hope ::cross fingers::

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ill rephrase it to hero for the weekend how about that?? :thumbsup:
Ta! Lol. Did it get the time right?

right now its at 24% just another 10 min tops and thats it. ill seeif it plays on the player...i hope i hope i hope ::cross fingers::
Ok. I'll just be here twiddling my thumbs... (actually, I'll be posting in other threads when I'm meant to be writing my essay, but let's not split hairs)...

Squall7 said:
Ta! Lol. Did it get the time right?

Ok. I'll just be here twiddling my thumbs... (actually, I'll be posting in other threads when I'm meant to be writing my essay, but let's not split hairs)...

another 10 min and ill know. 6 min left of converting and then i gotta transfer it to my E drive (IE the mp3 player)

ughhhhhhhhhhh soo drawn out!

OMG IT DIDNT WORK!!!!!!! it was another HUGE file! what am i doing wrong again?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
OMG IT DIDNT WORK!!!!!!! it was another HUGE file! what am i doing wrong again?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
Hmm, sounds weird...

...Is there any software that came with the thing? Perhaps it has a built in converter. I know some players do that...

Also, how big is the original file, before conversion?

Don't worry, I'll earn that hero status yet!

Squall7 said:
Hmm, sounds weird...

...Is there any software that came with the thing? Perhaps it has a built in converter. I know some players do that...

Also, how big is the original file, before conversion?

Don't worry, I'll earn that hero status yet!

normal file is like 165MB or something of another. then of course it converts to KB. ANYWAYS i tried to lower the conpression again in the same format to see if that helps. all i know is that it doesnt go by MB in the MP3 player, only KB

that shouldnt matter though.

Back