MP8 - Button Mashing!?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
First of all, only post in this thread if you HAVE PLAYED THE GAME. Seeing as their is only one person on this board that has played the game, I dont expect very many posts today. However, please feel free to post in two days if you buy Mario Party 8.

What I want to know is how much Button Mashing is involved in the game? I have read MANY reviews and they consistently say that "you can definetly tell it was meant to be a gc game" because "there is nearly as much button-mashing as their is motion-sensing, which is a huge dissapointment." I was going to get this game, but now I am rethinking it.

EDIT: Again, please dont try to persuade me to get it, or tell me "on the commercials they are using the remotes so I think it uses motion sensing" All I want is facts: Is there too much button mashing?

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
it's bad, it's the same old story with this games no matter how high the number of parties gets, so don't buy it

Wow, I dont know if you just did that to annoy me on purpose, or if you didnt take the time to really read my post, but either way you just pissed me off.

I would negative rep you if this kiddy site had the capability. Regardless, I just lot a lot of respect for you Axtlar...

I wasn't trying to piss you off, and I did read your post but it's the truth I'm saying to you, I mean I wouldn't buy it..but then again to each his own, right?

Axtlar said:
I wasn't trying to piss you off, and I did read your post but it's the truth I'm saying to you, I mean I wouldn't buy it..but then again to each his own, right?

Right!

I Don't Have It... But Try Reading Some reviews Aroung The Internet... Like IGN, Gamespot, Etc.

I would probably agree with you, had you not blatantly disregarded my requests...

EDIT: *sigh* What am I, Crazy? I actually thought that the members of wiichat would respect a (self-proclaimed???) higher level posters requests. And to think I once looked up to you too...

Last edited:
Ok well, you know,from what I've read, there's no complains about there being too much button-mashing; on the contrary: they were kinda praising how the controls are even very well used in menus and things like that

Why not rent it and see what you think about it? It would be cheaper then buying it and if you like it then you can but if you dont you only spent like, 5 bucks.

yeah but if you liked it then you would have to pay 50 dollars and wasted those five for renting it, so 55 dollars and ..good thing the memory of the game stays within the Wii.

^And if I could get reliable info from you guys, than that'd be even cheaper than renting it, not wouldnt it? Its a pretty hard thinking process, I know.

Although, apparently you guys are far from giving reliable info, seeing as you cant even follow simple directions...

well, señor, the game is not even out yet, let's wait a bit and we will let you know

Hmm, button mashing in Mario Party sounds kind of odd. Nintendo do know that there are only a certain amount of button mashing mini games people can handle don't they? However, they're the only games that my friends seem to understand.

Smash Bros, there's a tactic in that that every single person I have played against uses, apart from my sister. It's a popular game, bit mindless if you ask me though and button mashing is a biiiiig part of it. Maybe it'll be a success. But, not using the Wiimote is going to earn itself bad reviews.

Sorry for replying and not have played the game though >_<;

Haha, i know its going to be even harder to comprehend that one. We cant give info on something WE cant even get? Huh, well maybe you should just not have made this thread to begin with? Sounds fair to me.

I don't understand why people are negative about this, he doesn't expect many replies, but, anyway... Have there been examples of games with button mashing? Do research, get other reviews, reliable ones, preferably.

Back