Mr. Kutaragi retires

Please don't let Microsoft buy Mr. Kutaragi. This would make them dominate more. I have a feeling a lot of people will be trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi. He's the Miyamoto of Sony.

I very highly doubt he will team up with Nintendo or Microsoft, just out of respect to Sony. What might happen is that he starts up a new company and comes up with a new console? Eh maybe, maybe not.

sagema said:
Please don't let Microsoft buy Mr. Kutaragi. This would make them dominate more. I have a feeling a lot of people will be trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi. He's the Miyamoto of Sony.
Rumors are up in the air saying, that nintendo is trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi to work for them, If he says yes, Nintendo year is going to be PERFECT!

lol thats not gonna happen. Just cause he retired doesnt mean he will stop getting money from sony. they are just rumors spawned by rabid fanboys.

CyanRussel said:
True they partnered up in the past with snes and all, but im not very sure of all that happening!! To me, its a slim to none chance of that even happening!

Back then, sony and nintendo did partner up. Nintendo betrayed sony and the japanese felt that nintendo betrayed them as well by breaking contract for a european company, phillips. At the time, the japanese felt that japanese businesses should stick together and leaving one japanese company for an outsider pissed off a lot of other japanese companies.

Its not gonna happen so you are right.

Where the hell is Shift when you need him!

probably drunk at a night club.

exclusives are good for the system and the player because unlike multiplatform games, they are made for that one system. Which in turn means, that game is not limited by another system, and can utilize the full features of that one system. When developers make a multiplatform game, often they are stuck making a game that other systems can play, thus limiting the potential of the game itself. Exclusives are supposed to give you maxium compatitibility, specialization and full use of any one system. Multiplatform games dont really do that 100% and are limited in their abilities. Often they are forced to sign contracts that say one game for another system cannot be better than anothers. Which really blows.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
probably drunk at a night club.
Hey i dont blame you, AFTER ALL THE FLAMERS GOT ON YOU!!!! I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING!
exclusives are good for the system and the player because unlike multiplatform games, they are made for that one system. Which in turn means, that game is not limited by another system, and can utilize the full features of that one system. When developers make a multiplatform game, often they are stuck making a game that other systems can play, thus limiting the potential of the game itself. Exclusives are supposed to give you maxium compatitibility, specialization and full use of any one system. Multiplatform games dont really do that 100% and are limited in their abilities. Often they are forced to sign contracts that say one game for another system cannot be better than anothers. Which really blows.

You aint lying about this, its true! They pick a system out of the 3, and put a good game on that one system, the other games that are the same as the orginal game, suck ass, no-doubt!!
There are games out there that i could name, but forgot all of the games names for some reason!!
(Oh well, im hoping they put more effort with the other systems, and stop being biased with it, putting games that should be buried underneath the earth because of how badly the game was made!

Shiftfallout said:
lol thats not gonna happen. Just cause he retired doesnt mean he will stop getting money from sony. they are just rumors spawned by rabid fanboys.

It was actually brought up in a speech Iwata gave, where he mentioned how honored he would be to work with Kutaragi. Basically, it was a CEO paying his respect to another CEO in the same industry... but we can only hope...

Shiftfallout said:
Back then, sony and nintendo did partner up. Nintendo betrayed sony and the japanese felt that nintendo betrayed them as well by breaking contract for a european company

The incident I was referring to was prior to the SNES CD.

"At that particular time, Sony's executives had very little interest in video games. Thus, when Nintendo expressed the need for a wavetable sound chip for its upcoming new 16 bit system, Kutaragi immediately accepted. Working in secret, he designed and built the chip, the SPC700. When they found out, Sony's executives were furious. Only with Sony CEO Norio Ohga's help was Kutaragi able to push the project to completion and keep his job."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Kutaragi

But again, I highly doubt that... no, I am certain that Kutaragi will not be working with Nintendo. Apparently he is already planning for PS4 & 5. I think its better this way, Kutaragi is a great engineer and visionary, but apparently he acted like a dictator when is power.

Kutaragi Planning Playstation 4
http://kotaku.com/gaming/599-us-dollars/kutaragi-planning-playstation-4-256516.php

On a side related note, apparently Mistwalker doesn't like Kutaragi.

Sakaguchi: I Don't Like Ken Kutaragi
http://kotaku.com/gaming/goochi-goochi-goo/sakaguchi-i-dont-like-ken-kutaragi-256619.php

Last edited:
WOW! Well he was a great guy....:lol: wait its not like he's dead....being retired sounds great! Anyways it is possible that he could work with Nintendo again. I only feel really bad because Sony is in hell now! I just hate the direction they went with the PS3 (ads, PRICE!, ect.) Its like Sony didnt learn anything from the PS2!!! Anyways, I think we lost a great company...because Sony really killed itself! Next Gen is just gonna be Microsoft and Nintendo :sigh:
Anyways I wish the best for Ken, he's a great person!

Last edited:
Rahnter said:
It was actually brought up in a speech Iwata gave, where he mentioned how honored he would be to work with Kutaragi. Basically, it was a CEO paying his respect to another CEO in the same industry... but we can only hope...

obviously, but the rumors are that kutaragi would be working with nintendo. Nintendo Ceo said he would love to work with Kutaragi, but how does that get turned into rumors that kutaragi would would defect to nintendo. It like having Hilary Clinton announce "I would love to have george bush as my vice president" and then kids starting a rumor that george bush wants to work with hilary clinton as her VP. Thats how rediculous this rumor is. You said it right there, it was a show of respect as well as a PR move to make nintendo look nice and peachy. I dont know how people turn it into anything MORE than that.

o.0

Kutaragi could work for Microsoft or Nintendo. It happens a lot in the game industry. Unless he's completely intent with retiring he'll be back. Sony needs to find someone to replace him. Good luck there.

sagema said:
Kutaragi could work for Microsoft or Nintendo. It happens a lot in the game industry. Unless he's completely intent with retiring he'll be back. Sony needs to find someone to replace him. Good luck there.

lol it helps to read the article sagema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagema

Dont believe that crap, they're just rumors in the air, saying this and that! Which never are true, especially when it comes to Mr. Kutaragi going to Microsoft and Nintendo, its a better chance he would come to Nintendo and join them, but that is not going to happen, N.E.V.E.R!

My memory is a bit rusty on the names, but I think Bernie Stolar who worked on the Playstation launch, went to help the Dreamcast launch (which did good). Then Peter Moore (another high up) who was a Sega employee went to work for Microsoft. Will Wright recently got the guy who made Civilization 4 to work for Maxis on Spore, some Capcom and EA CEOs now work at different companies. The guy who made Tetris (Started out loyal to Nintendo) now works at Microsoft.

If you think these guys sit back and water their garden you are probably wrong about 95% of them.

hmmmmmm.?
All im saying is that, there is no way in hell that Mr. Kutaragi is going to join Nintedo after what happened in the past few years....
j/k(and if this so happens, that Mr. Kutaragi joins the Miyamoto and the rest of the Nintendo crew, i promise that i will fail the Eleventh Grade, no questions about it!!!!
p.s: Its not going to happen... I just know it wont happen, HOPEFULLY, well actually theres no hopefully because it is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, let ME put it like that!
[But If It Does], im going to be FEELING R*E*A*L STUPID!!

Last edited:
Back