MTV Blogger plays BWii for 3 hours, his thoughts:

Skippy

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
This guy got Battalion Wars II sent to him from Nintendo and typed up some interesting info after playing for three hours.
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007...on-wars-2-first-impressions-of-finished-game/

Overall it seems like he's pretty pleased with it, although the single player campaign may be a bit short, but he's not sure since he hasn't finished the game.

Another point about local multiplayer may disapoint some:
The game is only for one player per Wii. It has a single-player campaign and multi-playaer options. But the “BW2″ multiplayer Co-op, Skirmish and Assault missions are only available over Wi-Fi.

Other notable comments:
the game has been very fun and looks like a nice but modest graphical step up from the first one. The quick pace of the action, the satisfying chaos of battle and the charm of the visual design all intact.

that one player per console is crap thats so dumb. but, it will not influence whether i get the game. ill probably rent it.

^This article scares me... I was expecting split-screen multiplayer. I just wish this wasn't true...

samXcor3 said:
that one player per console is crap thats so dumb. but, it will not influence whether i get the game. ill probably rent it.

Not really I kind of figured it was gonna be like that... I mean common could you imagine how insane the game would be split screen... There is to much to pay attention to that the game would just be a nightmare...

well I was trying to decide if I should get bwii or moh and I think moh will be the better choice..I'm not so hooked on the graphics of bwii..but the gameplay looks/sounds really good, ill rent it

I will still be getting this, it seems too good to pass up despite all that crap.
Should be a dandy still.

Poster up there is right, people cry over not having split screen multiplayer but can you imagine trying to fit everything on a modest screen size? All the attacking, units, aiming etc? It would be hell. I support the wi-fi coop as long as its easy to find your friend

Yea too bad theres only one player per wii :( Its not a huge let-down for me. I usualy play alone or on internet.

It looks good. Im certainly going to get it

The one player per Wii option is the only thing that is worrying me as well, but I am sure that the online mode and the single player section will make up for it. :

Byuakuya said:
The one player per Wii option is the only thing that is worrying me as well, but I am sure that the online mode and the single player section will make up for it. :

for $50 iduno if its worth it though, i like to play with friends and family expecially a co-op(where you cant communicate via headset) it will make it alot easier to have a friend join on the same console..i don't have any clue why they didnt think of that..

Jay588 said:
for $50 iduno if its worth it though, i like to play with friends and family expecially a co-op(where you cant communicate via headset) it will make it alot easier to have a friend join on the same console..i don't have any clue why they didnt think of that..
You have a point there, but I am sure that the game will still be great as long as you have friends, each with a Wii console. :lol:

Lol why such a big deal about no local multiplayer? Does any1 remember the Red Steel multiplayer good gosh, it was dreadful. Aiming shooting, in that small box screen using IR. Lol good thing for me, all my friends have wiis. We've already got plans for the sat of that weekend to beat it all on co op online. It's kind dissapointing with no local multi player but still it's definetely worth $50

I hope theres 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1

I will be BUMBED OUT ! really hard if there isnt. That's almost the thing Im looking out for most in this game. Im worried that if you do coop games online that you will only be running behind the player who's fastest

Back