MTV Blogger plays BWii for 3 hours, his thoughts:

Wow, what a dissapointment this is. I really just want some games that I can play with my friends. This is crap. Is MoH going to be like this?

Master Foot said:
One player per Wii?! What year is this, 1985?!

Not a lot of wireless modems in consoles in 1985. It would be more like 1985 if it did support local multiplayer.

TPLink said:
Does any1 remember the Red Steel multiplayer good gosh, it was dreadful. Aiming shooting, in that small box screen using IR.

Most of us grew up with the tiny splitscreen option as the only one--and even before that, with single screen when two people couldn't be outside the same tiny area of the game (i.e. contra coop), and having people in the same room when possible can be enormous fun. IR is not especially more difficult than dual analog in the same size split. Red Steel's biggest failing was its controls (for instance, taking about 12 minutes to turn 180 degrees while you're being shot in the back of the head), and despite them, you can still have a lot of fun playing the multiplayer if you're willing to adapt your play style.

For those people whose friends don't own a Wii, splitscreen would be their only option to spread the joy. Having a larger pool of players you can play anytime is sweet, however marred by FCs, but it isn't going to fit everyone's preferences. It is relevant to complain about not being able to play anyone who isn't willing to shell out 300 bucks for the console and the game.

Mingus said:
Wow, what a dissapointment this is. I really just want some games that I can play with my friends. This is crap. Is MoH going to be like this?
yeah it's only one player, but 32 online! Bwii no splitscreen kinda stinks, how many players can play online?

^ What? come on, do they think that people have no friends. If I want to play online I won't be looking towards MoH for that, I'd rather play BF2 with 64 people online and with Choppers, Tanks, Cars, and Airplanes, and yet better graphics. Along with better controls, what the heck is going on in the gaming world. I wanted to have my friends come over and all play with the wii-zapper. wtf

Mingus said:
^ What? come on, do they think that people have no friends. If I want to play online I won't be looking towards MoH for that, I'd rather play BF2 with 64 people online and with Choppers, Tanks, Cars, and Airplanes, and yet better graphics. Along with better controls, what the heck is going on in the gaming world. I wanted to have my friends come over and all play with the wii-zapper. wtf

Love BF2. I think it's even better than Halo. This sucks though, I really wanted split screen.

Mingus said:
^ What? come on, do they think that people have no friends. If I want to play online I won't be looking towards MoH for that, I'd rather play BF2 with 64 people online and with Choppers, Tanks, Cars, and Airplanes, and yet better graphics.

I love it when people assume that their situation is universal to everyone else. MOH isn't exactly my first pick for online either--especially one as generic as Heroes, but given the dearth of online shooters for Wii, and the particular expertise of the dev team that made it, it was a wise decision to focus on that feature. Not everyone has a gaming PC, indeed, not everyone even likes "lean forward" PC gaming. Further, not everyone agrees that PC controls are actually better than a finely tuned Wiimote control system. Finally, even people who do have gaming PCs, like PC gaming, and prefer the mouse and keyboard controls might still like to have an online shooter (of any genre) on their Wii.

It's fair to complain that it doesn't fit your needs. But arguing that the Heroes features makes no sense at all (or at least, for anyone who "has friends"), especially with the limited resources this dev team has compared to their Airborne brethren, well, that isn't fair.

Wiinter said:
Finally, even people who do have gaming PCs, like PC gaming, and prefer the mouse and keyboard controls might still like to have an online shooter (of any genre) on their Wii.
/raises hand

I LOVE bf2142 !! But I would LOVE to take my wii online with a nice fast paced spray and pray game like MOHH2

I cant wait for this game. I dont mind the no split screen. Yes its sad when you got some friends over ( doesnt really happen that much and the friends I do get over dont want to play games. My friends group is a no gamer group ;) ) So Im happy I can get myself some decent online games ( BwII Mohhh )

what do they mean only over WiFi? whats the difference? Would that mean that only local wiis can play against you? And if so, how local are we talking? If local means within 2 or 3 miles, then i would seriously reconsider this game.

Warrior said:
what do they mean only over WiFi? whats the difference? Would that mean that only local wiis can play against you? And if so, how local are we talking? If local means within 2 or 3 miles, then i would seriously reconsider this game.

The Wii Wi-Fi connection is the internet. You can play against anyone over the internet. It has nothing to do with how close they are to you.

WiiMario said:
is it not online then?

Of course it's online. What some people are disappointed about is that you cannot play a 2 player game on the SAME console. It only does 2 player matches over the internet.

Back