Multiplayer Essential in Great Games?

yeah it would be cool, but a multiplayer co-op where they can go off in seperate ways would have been good, or a whole new secondary co-op story

I agree, I think every game would be better with multiplayer. 95% of my time spent playing video games, I play with someone else, otherwise I get so bored. thats just my opinion though. My brother is the opposite and only likes one player games, hes not the competitive type

i disagree, if a game is absolutely perfect in its single player i dont think a game needs multilayer at all

like you said zelda OoT is a perfect game that multilayer is unnecessary

but i agree, only if a games not perfect then multilayer is needed

But you wont be playing zelda in a few months. But if you get a game that has great online you will still be playing it in a few months since release.

cyberzomby said:
But you wont be playing zelda in a few months. But if you get a game that has great online you will still be playing it in a few months since release.
:thumbsup: Exactly.

Well, as we can see theres is a variety of opinions here

Yes there are, and that's what makes forums great, a variety of opinions is better then everyone thinking the same thing.

Multiplayer = Thumbs up even for Zelda. (Maybe a difficulty scaling based on the number of people joined?). My thing would be X-Box's "Fable" great game yes, but if it was online with PvP enabled, ohh the joy.

Hopefully Medal of Honor 2 will revolutionize online Wii Play.

In some games online multiplayer is a must have, namely racers, FPS, and mech games. I won't even buy games in those genres if they don't have a decent online mode.

I disagree that zelda should be multiplayer, even with coop, since the game is about puzzle solving and linear exploration and I don't think having another set of hands would help. Also the combat isn't deep enough to justify going head to head. (The exception here would be four swords.)

daviduk200 said:
Final fantasy series (absolutly love them to bits) no multiplayer.

Actually! Alot of people don't realize that FFIV had a multiplayer coop mode. I'm disappointed that they never expanded on this and added it to the other games. I think crystal chronicles might have been multiplayer too? (Never played it) if so then we can look forward to the new FF:CC game coming out on the wii. :)

I love all LoZ games. I will never stop buying the series but if they could add an interesting and fun multi player or co-op mode that would be neat. Like I stated a while back in another forum would be fun to play with your buddy. I would certainly play it.

Tairusu said:
Actually! Alot of people don't realize that FFIV had a multiplayer coop mode. I'm disappointed that they never expanded on this and added it to the other games. I think crystal chronicles might have been multiplayer too? (Never played it) if so then we can look forward to the new FF:CC game coming out on the wii. :)

well i never had 9 was it any good might get the complete set again lol so i can play through em all,

and of course the only online FF is the 11 which i have not got capable computers or online for my 360 so i cant play it

IV = 4
IX = 9

;)

FF4 allowed the second player to put in commands during battle and such, so you could go coop by agreeing with player one who would control what characters. It sounds lame, and it was, but my sister and I had fun beating that game together when we were kids. And FFIV is a great game for what it's worth. I think it's out on Gameboy and PSP now.

On a side note Final Fantasy 9 was, in my opinion, the last great Final Fantasy game. So you should definitely pick it up.

My absolute faveourite final fantasy game was 7

7 was amazing loved it so so much,

my second best was 10, 10-2 was pretty dissapointing,

i liked 4 and 5

2 was boring

not played 1,2,6,9,11,12

8 was umm pretty average to me

Back