Multiplayer for Virtual Console?

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo would have all the Virtual Console games multiplayer online. That would be amazing. Not just N64, they could even do sega games, like MLBPA Sports Talk Baseball, that game was extremely fun. Then Mario Tennis, and all the Mario sports games. Hopefully Nintendo adds this idea.

That would be really cool, we don't know what other surprises Nintendo might have for us, this could be one of them! :O

Perhaps for some games... it would be great to see it on all retro games but it seems alot of effort to go to for all of them. I personaly think that they will leave the games the way they were made and just let you play agenst people on the same console.

That would be a great investment into the Wii though, think of how many older people in their 20's would wanna play the Virtual Console games against other people because it's the games they grew up with. Just a thought to get a different age group.

Sillyhat said:
Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo would have all the Virtual Console games multiplayer online. That would be amazing. Not just N64, they could even do sega games, like MLBPA Sports Talk Baseball, that game was extremely fun. Then Mario Tennis, and all the Mario sports games. Hopefully Nintendo adds this idea.
That would be an absolutely fantastic idea, though it means that they will have to add in some information into the Roms or something, cos the input wouldn't be the same. Though playing N64 games wirelessly, for free, with anyone in the world would definately give an advantage that even some old-school X-box live lovers may have to get!

I certainly hope Nintendo are listening on this one!

I can only imagine how cool it would be playing goldeneye multiplayer online... man that would be too much fun.

Sillyhat said:
think of how many older people in their 20's would wanna play the Virtual Console games against other people because it's the games they grew up with.
OLDER people in their 20s. Dude, don't make me.... hahaha, just kidding. But seriously, see how a 30 or 40+ year old reacts when you refer to 20 as older people. :D

Either way it would be pretty cool if the virtual games could go wifi. It would sort of be hard though, because those virtual games would then need to be issused friend codes and such, and you could probalby only do it on the racing or fighting games.

This would be a good move on Nintendo's hand. So much more people would buy the Wii if they found out they could play Mario Kart 64 online.

Yeah it would be amazing, and it is possible, because the N64 Emulators have an online feature where u can play N64 games online.

anyway i think N64 games are in same way death, they should focus on other games like red steel for online and leave N64 games how they are

i read gamepro magazine and they seemed to hint a little that there might be online multiplayer 4 goldneye, i think they were just kidding though

All this talk about Goldeneye is great. Hopefully Goldeneye will be on the virtual console, but in the meantime, we can watch the crazy Japanese advert for it![MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZACEpo_NXc[/MEDIA]
Aren't the Japanese great![MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle0vau26xQ[/MEDIA]

Seriously though, without Goldeneye, it just won't be the same. Pity the rights stuck with Rareware, rather than going to the splinter group FreeRadical (Timesplitters series and Second Sight).

Back