Multiplayer for Virtual Console?

hey

I have only quickly browsed over this thread, so I don't know everything said. But I get the impression that many of you don't understand how I think such a feature would work.

Firstly, to implement such a thing is NOT a difficult thing, AND no actual games even need to be modified. You see, the only core thing that needs to be done, is to Send/Receive Player Control Input over a Network/Internet. The other important thing is to ensure each players Virtual Console is in synth with each other, which again I don't think is a hard thing.

Now obviously you would have the ability to play any physical multiplayer games online, as if your playing against someone sitting next to you. Take Goldeneye 007 for example, the screen would still be split, and you would be able to see each others screen ;).

So even though I think it would be such an easy feature to implement, it will still be interesting to see if Nintendo support the idea. I myself have no idea of any Busniess and/or Quality issues may stand in Nintendo's way as to avoid this feature. Maybe others can think of some? I guess we will just have to wait and see :-\.

cyas

Last edited:
Zexx said:
i hope 007 goldeneye is going online xD i always hide in the toilets
Or there's the air vents. I know a trick to get up there. What you do, is you go into the cubicle, and and hold left on the analogue stick, hold left C button and hold L. You should be able to jump back up there, and if nobody else knows how to get back up, you can always get the lead and hide for the rest of the match - cheating but it works.

hey

@Lord Haku: Did you not read a word I wrote? games do NOT need to be modified for playing multiplayer Virtual Console games online, it can all be quite easily done by the emulator!

Again... It's really just a matter of IF Nintendo support the idea, and who knows what business and/or quality issues might scare them off. Although playing these games online would basically be the same as playing against someone sitting right next to you, you must remember these games weren't originally designed to be played over the internet, if that makes any sense???.

Personally, I think it will really suck if Nintendo don't support the idea. I think something like this will really prove if Nintendo really care more about themselves, or their fans.

cyas

Last edited:
I doubt that these games will have multiplayer because in order for a game to be multiplayer first it must have a built-in mechanism for it to initiate multiplayer, also, these games need a wi-fi option. I doubt Nintendo will go through all the trouble of rewriting old games for them to be compatable for multiplayer online.

hey

@Mario Famous: Have you also NOT read what I have wrote? Please read my previous posts... and again I will try to explain... NO actual games need to be modified/rewritten... Virtual Consoles are just emulators... Emulators are just software that simulate a consoles hardware... Again I say... The Virtual Console "emulator" only has to Send/Receive players controller input over a network/internet to/from each connected player... And each players Virtual Console "emulator" must be in synth... Meaning they must all be executing the same instruction of code as each other at the same moment in time...

And I quote some more of what I have said...
Again... It's really just a matter of IF Nintendo support the idea, and who knows what business and/or quality issues might scare them off. Although playing these games online would basically be the same as playing against someone sitting right next to you, you must remember these games weren't originally designed to be played over the internet, if that makes any sense???.

Personally, I think it will really suck if Nintendo don't support the idea. I think something like this will really prove if Nintendo really care more about themselves, or their fans.

I hope this is clear now :).

cyas

Last edited:
hey

@Mario Famous: May I ask of why NOT all games will be able to do it???

I myself can't think of any reason why you wouldn't beable to play any physical multiplayer games over the internet?

cyas

Back