Music Volume on Wii

stewart01

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
I've looked through the Wii options trying to find out to lower the volume for the out of game music.

Is this possible? After a while the music gets annoying - I want to keep the other sound effects, however.

This is the same problem with a few games, like Zelda - you can't kill the volume on the music whilst keeping the other sounds.

look on your remote for your TV. there is a volume button, up and down. amazing huh? lol

Also if you pause during a game and go to remote options, you can turn the sound down.

No helpin you mate. Volume is volume, cant have half the sound on n half the sounds off... as far as out of game just turn your tv sound way down, your wiimote will make click noises. Besides that there really aren't any other sound FX goin on there. Not shure what u want to hear without the music.. ?

I feel your pain man. The Wii Channels volume is super loud, and I'm always having to turn my sound system down as soon as I start my Wii up. No way to just lower the music volume alone though, without turning everything down.
Sorry.

i dont know about zelda, but i do know that madden has an in-game audio control screen and you can adjust the volume to all the different sounds in the game. but my wii is very loud. i too have to turn my tv all the way down before i turn on the wii or i scare the dogs and my wife and wake up the neighbors...

stewart01 said:
I've looked through the Wii options trying to find out to lower the volume for the out of game music.

Is this possible? After a while the music gets annoying - I want to keep the other sound effects, however.

This is the same problem with a few games, like Zelda - you can't kill the volume on the music whilst keeping the other sounds.

This guy sounds like a PC gamer! (Which you can totally do that with just about every game) Yeah I haven't seen the option for split sound yet in the Wii... keep your fingers crossed...

grimmda said:
This guy sounds like a PC gamer! (Which you can totally do that with just about every game) Yeah I haven't seen the option for split sound yet in the Wii... keep your fingers crossed...

Yep, I am a PC gamer! But the Wii is fun! I only play one game on the PC now - and thats an online game - no, not WoW ( World of Warcraft ).

Shame you can't turn the music off whilst keeping the rest of the sounds on.

Every game I've played I've turned off the music whilst keeping all other sounds on ( the music tends to get repetitive and irrating ).

<--- Hoping for music volume controls in the next firmware update !

Last edited:
elmo_999 said:
most games (eg. COD3) have music volume, FX volume, Voice Volume and Subtitles.

But not on Zelda or Excite Truck (unfortunately ). Though saying that I can live with having music on Truck - but Zelda - that gets annoying!

Yeah, Excite truck does have a separate sound levels. Maybe its only if you play from the SD though.

I've had the same problem. It's not a Wii problem or something that can be fixed with a firmware update...its a game problem. I've played Zelda for WAAAY more hours than it's intended to be played, so obviously the music gets a little old. I still wanted to hear, say, the Golden Bug sound...but play my own music. No good. :(

PotatoWedgie said:
I've had the same problem. It's not a Wii problem or something that can be fixed with a firmware update...its a game problem. I've played Zelda for WAAAY more hours than it's intended to be played, so obviously the music gets a little old. I still wanted to hear, say, the Golden Bug sound...but play my own music. No good. :(

It is a firmware fix if you want to turn off the OUT of game music too :-D

But in game - yes, that is game specific.

Back