Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Muting All Sound on the Wii - is this possible?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by Phi4Sius, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Phi4Sius

Phi4Sius WiiChat Member

How do I mute the sound completely? I have gone through the links in the stickies at the top of this forum and can't find anything, and this problem is annoying the heck out of me. Here's my situation:

There are those in my family who are bothered by sound at night and their hearing is very sensitive. So, as you can imagine that presents issues when playing at night. However, there are problems when I mute the sound.

1. Muting the sound on the TV does not cause all sound to turn OFF.

2. Some sounds from games like the new Super Mario Bros. Wii (like the power up sound or the sound of Mario shooting fireballs) are still as annoyingly loud as before without ANY control of these sounds possible that I can see. It seems like they're coming from the Wii Remote.

3. I've been through all settings on the Wii itself and don't see any options for turning off sound completely.

I'm at my wits end on this issue and I would love to play my video games at night while everyone's asleep (and consequently *not* wake them up due to the sound).

2. briman1701

briman1701 WiiChat Member

You can adjust the wii remote's volume on the home menu.

3. Ryker

Ryker WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1814-6552-7090-6518
    1814-6552-7090-6518
    ^
    Yeah, what he said.
    Click the home Icon on the Wii Remote and it should say something about settings, click it and you should be able to turn the volume all the way down on the remote.

4. Phi4Sius

Phi4Sius WiiChat Member

Actually, I tried pressing all buttons while in the Wii Home Menu and it wasn't until I got to the Mii menu that I was able to change the volume settings for the remote, but I finally found it!

Since I setup the Wii, I never EVER have any need to go into the Mii menu. Weird place to put the volume settings for the remote. :\

Thanks a bunch guys! :)

5. redneck E

redneck E redneck E

Wii Friend Code: 5273-9078-3043-9505
    5273-9078-3043-9505
    From the home menu click the icon of your remote in the bottom left. You can change the vol. from there.