My 2nd defective wii!

abnormalkit

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2007
I'm having the worst luck with my Wii ever. It is bull crap.

The first wii had the error code 112blahblahblah. I couldn't connect online and they had to send me a new one.

I get the new wii today and I was all excited. The wii was able to connect online, but the cd won't load! When i pop in the cd it was making a weird clicking noise then this message appears:

"Unable to read the disc" / "Disc could not be read"

Now i have to use my first wii to play games and my 2nd wii to go online till they send me a new one.

And you would think they'd test the console out before sending it out huh?

Do you think the 2nd one is just defective and the 1st one you've just put the internet details in wrong?

That could be a possibility

pretty sure the first one is defective. I called in, gave them the error code and immediately they told me to send it back.

My 1st wii actually connects online....till the update. After the update it won't connect and I keep getting an error message. I asked the lady on the phone, and it's happening to a lot of wiis that was bought from the 1st batch.

Mine was one of 1st batch ones.

so many people get problems trying to update...

i had mine freeze a few times trying, not even an error code, just froze (i actually left it for over an hour to see if anything happened, finished my dinner and it was still frozen)

not the wii's fault, just the servers pumping out the updates not doing so well..

as for the not able to read disc error, unlucky

called them this morning.

They're sending me a new one overnight.

They said its probably due to UPS not correctly handling the box correctly.

I must say, nintendo do have good customer service.

GaryT85 said:
not the wii's fault, just the servers pumping out the updates not doing so well..

Well there are ALOT of Wii's trying to Update at once when a new Channel comes out. And there's people trying to update everyday. Probably the internet connection

yeah, im having minor probs with my Wii as well, =[

Wii_Smurf said:
Well there are ALOT of Wii's trying to Update at once when a new Channel comes out. And there's people trying to update everyday. Probably the internet connection

exactly, thats what i meant, the servers get overloaded when so many people try to get the same thing at around the same time.

i heard alot of people had update problems at the same time as me, which further supports the idea...

Yeah, I just have probs with the mailing thing, nothing else, but its good!

hope my wii doesn't comeback like that. I've been having graphical glitches/overheating and sent my Wii back yesterday. How long did it take for them to repair? I'm expecting to be Wi-less for 2 weeks :(

yes the disc is in the right way

My first wii plays all the games, just not the second one.

By tomorrow i will have 3 Wiis, 2 i need to send back and hopefully nothing is wrong with the 3rd one.

Back