My 4-year old son beats me in Wii bowling...EVERYTIME!

tonyqvn

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
As I'm writing this post, he just bowled a 267 game -- all strikes except for a split on frame 7. This is getting ridiculous because he's taunting me everytime now.

The thing is he only plays the Wii for about 30 minutes every other day or so since the day we got it last November, and only plays Wii bowling about 15 minutes of that time. The rest of the time he plays tennis and baseball.

Somehow, he's got that strike approach down pat, and is not too shabby on picking up spares either. I tried copying his positioning and throw routine to get strikes, but couldn't duplicate his strike approach. I'm averaging about 210 per game, and he creams me pretty much everytime by 30+ points. And this is a 4-year old! Darn!

It's funny that sometimes he would give me a chance to get the score closer by throwing what he calls a "spare-strike", where he intentionally throws the first ball down the gutter, and then gets all the pins with the second ball. All this just to give me a chance to get back in the game.

How is a 4 year old even able to play bowling? Especially getting strikes 95% of the time.

lol, its they way they throw. Why dont you take a day of work, and practise for a whole day while your son is at nursery >.>

LMAO...I think it's funnier that my 5 year old nephew can beat my 25 year old brother in boxing...ahah.

Don't copy HIS approach, find your own. I'll grab my stupid speech, hold on, will edit.

Brawny said:
LMAO...I think it's funnier that my 5 year old nephew can beat my 25 year old brother in boxing...ahah.

Don't copy HIS approach, find your own. I'll grab my stupid speech, hold on, will edit.

lol, wii boxing is sooooo damn funneh, i was playing my mates brother whose 12 not as young as 4-5 you guys are talking about, but when i was playing him, we had the practise round first as he had just made his Mii, i was like completely dominating in the bits where you show the stuff while he was punchin like crazy then*ding* bell rings and before i know it im getting my ass whooped, and my mates like "well Alex, pizzas on you", im like "nuuuuuuuuuu plz let me play you in tennis", hes like"f***in bell pizza hut now, had to spend 50 quid that day to feed 5 guys >.> lol

If all else fails, ground him. He can't beat you if he's imprisoned in a crib.

So let me clarify. He's not 4, but 4 1/2, not that it makes me feel any better. :p

The way I bowl in Wii bowling is very similar to bowling in real life, that is I start on the right most dot and hook it. I average about 4-6 strikes per game, and picks up 95% of the spares.

The way my son bowls is that he starts *precisely* 1 and 2/3 dots to the right of the center mark. He adjusts his Mii until it's exactly on the same spot everytime. Then, he does a funky flick of the Wiimote which hooks just about damn perfect. And he can spin the ball both ways when picking up spares. Strange though cause I never taught him that.

In the practice bowling with obstacles, he doesn't do too well, never passing the 3rd round. Though with the way he throws strikes in regular bowling, it hardly matters. :)

A couple of days ago, he got up to 8 strikes in a row and I was about to grab my camcorder to record his first Wii bowling perfect game, then he missed the next strike.

Yes, I still beat him in tennis (I'm at 2100+), though he beats me almost everytime in baseball and golf.

Back