my "abusing" the hammer bros attack RANT ^ ^

I am realy good at tackling with Bowser, I scored 3 goals in less then 2 minutes the other day useing that egg guy.

ChazzyP said:
In my experiances most of them have gone for it.

Your experience will soon change, the more times they get tackled while charging the more they will start to feint part way through the charge.

Already people are starting to do this, so once most are doing that then your humped for defending unless you have a handy shell or bomb to blast them with.

Most of the time I do have a shell or two reallt to back me up. I enjoy dry bones and hammer bro they are quite good on the game if u use them right.

If you want to add me on Mario Strikers I'll be more then happy to give you guys a game or two, send me an email with ur code and I'll be more then happy to give you guys mine

Its like toad you can leap the keeper and make him look like a fool grabbing thin air, its not cheating just good skill, i love that move :)

If its such a problem and you can't tackle them then why don't you use one yourself? That way you may get somewere. Its a matter of skill taking the Hammer Bros on.

ChazzyP said:
If its such a problem and you can't tackle them then why don't you use one yourself? Its a matter of skill taking the Hammer Bros on.

Strangly i haven't said that i dont use the hammer bros, in fact i have said that you would have to be off your head not to use them.

I haven't said that you cannot tackle them, but that if you face a player who is skilled in using them then most times you will be unable to tackle them.

Seems odd to me that you haven't actually said how to counter the hammer bros moves i have described, its not really a matter of skill its more a matter of luck when you face someone who is skilled at using the hammer bros.

If you want to get somewhere with Mario Strikers online do what alot of people do online, choose ur caption then put all ur guys as the hammer bros lol alot of people do that and it works really well.

i personally think the hammer bros are really easy to defend against, i also dont think they even tht good. my team of 3 dry bones can easily own people with hammer bros

i try to go for a balanced version. For instance, my captain is DK (Cause he has awsome special and good shooting + defence) and my team is dry bones, shy guy and hammer bros.

mymii.jpg

Funky Gibbon said:
Strangly i haven't said that i dont use the hammer bros, in fact i have said that you would have to be off your head not to use them.

I haven't said that you cannot tackle them, but that if you face a player who is skilled in using them then most times you will be unable to tackle them.

Seems odd to me that you haven't actually said how to counter the hammer bros moves i have described, its not really a matter of skill its more a matter of luck when you face someone who is skilled at using the hammer bros.

If they are skilled with them then good for them. If they abuse the hammer bros then anyone with skill will be able to dtop them.

Last edited:
Star Striker said:
I tackled the issue of Hammer Bros skillshot by making my latest friendly with ChazzyP a "Classic" series :smilewinkgrin:

You say it like I over use it. :lol:

ChazzyP said:
If they are skilled with them then good for them. If they abuse the hammer bros then anyone with skill will be able to dtop them.

Note again you haven't actually described how to stop a skilled hammer bros user, someone who powers up, feints when you tackle, then shoots again.

Who exactly are you trying to convince that "anyone with skill will be able to stop them", sounds like your desperate to convince yourself that you can stop them.

As you say yourself

ChazzyP said:
In my experiances most of them have gone for it.

You haven't really encountered players who are skilled at using the hammer bros yet, sounds like your a little worried about what will happen when you do and are attempting to convince yourself it will be okay.

i have to agree with funky gibbon, ive only encountered it once, but there are some players out there that can fake a shot, then use the characters special attack, just as you are about to tackle then shoot again. and this guy had won 41 games out of 53 at the time. And they do it with all characters not just hammer bros, so its a skill we all have to learn if we want to get good. thats the only way i can see to beat people who use it. cause attack is the best form of attack right.

also if a character is just constantly using the hammer attack, without any though, it is easy to stop.

Back