my "abusing" the hammer bros attack RANT ^ ^

mymii.jpg
Funky Gibbon said:
Note again you haven't actually described how to stop a skilled hammer bros user, someone who powers up, feints when you tackle, then shoots again.

Who exactly are you trying to convince that "anyone with skill will be able to stop them", sounds like your desperate to convince yourself that you can stop them.

As you say yourself

You haven't really encountered players who are skilled at using the hammer bros yet, sounds like your a little worried about what will happen when you do and are attempting to convince yourself it will be okay.

This doesnt matter anyway. anyone with skill doesnt need to use hammer bros.

Anyway I have decided myself that I shall not use them but to be honest I don't care if other people use them. Anyone can put them in a team and use them to their advantage so there is no problem with the Hammer Bros.

End of :lol:

Hammer Bros are extremly Over Rated in my Opinion. Everyone moans about their ability using the big hammer because when you tackle you get crushed.

Have you ever thought about not actually tackling them? People use that strategy on me all the time makes me laugh, i just sit a character a little bit away from him, if he powers up i attack, if he doest i remain a clear distance. I dont care, use that Hammer Bros strategy on me all the time i wont complain and you will realise their is a flaw.

I prefer and always use Birdo, i prefer her special shot and spinning attack.

Im getting this game on thursday (when it comes out in aus), i was wondering if anyone could link me a video about this hammer bros attack. Just so i can visualize what you guys are actually talking about.....

ChazzyP said:
This doesnt matter anyway. anyone with skill doesnt need to use hammer bros.

Really...............So your suggesting that only those who lack skill use the hammer bros? Bit of an arrogant statement there.

What if you come up against an opponent who is skilled at using their whole team and the hammer bro thats in their team as well? Clearly your running in Aristotelian mode.

ChazzyP said:
Anyway I have decided myself that I shall not use them but to be honest I don't care if other people use them.

Theres nothing you could do to prevent someone else from using them in a ranked game, so thats a non sequitur.

ChazzyP said:
Anyone can put them in a team and use them to their advantage so there is no problem with the Hammer Bros.

As you say, you wont be using them in your team, thereby possibly conceding tactical advantage to your opponent.

Skalor said:
Have you ever thought about not actually tackling them? People use that strategy on me all the time makes me laugh, i just sit a character a little bit away from him, if he powers up i attack, if he doest i remain a clear distance. I dont care, use that Hammer Bros strategy on me all the time i wont complain and you will realise their is a flaw.

As stated previously that has been tried and does not work, the reason is that while charging the skill shot they can at anytime abandon the shot and do an immediate hammer dodge by pushing any button on the d-pad.

If you try and tackle as they charge the shot and they push any button on the d-pad you will be knocked down by the hammer, they can then immediately start charging another skill shot by pushing B button again. If you try and tackle with another player, they can hit d-pad again to hammer dodge and so on.

Im not talking about playing some beginner who is spamming the hell out of the hammer dodge, im talking about playing someone who knows what they are doing with the hammer bros and can incorporate them seamlessly with the rest of their team.

i use hammer bros cause some peeps just cant handle their powers

Skalor said:
Hammer Bros are extremly Over Rated in my Opinion. Everyone moans about their ability using the big hammer because when you tackle you get crushed.

I prefer and always use Birdo, i prefer her special shot and spinning attack.

EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING. Yet no one likes to hear themselves proven wrong!

Funky Gibbon said:
As stated previously that has been tried and does not work, the reason is that while charging the skill shot they can at anytime abandon the shot and do an immediate hammer dodge by pushing any button on the d-pad.

Ah but it does if your fast. If it doesnt work for you, maybe your not that great at the game? Sorry if im wrong. :O

ChazzyP said:
Ah but it does if your fast. If it doesnt work for you, maybe your not that great at the game? Sorry if im wrong. :O

:rolleyes: Maybe the people your playing aren't that good at using the hammer bros, lets face it if their fast with the hammer bros youv'e got issues. As you said yourself you still haven't played people who stop their skill shot half way through and hammer dodge.

But then again you keep saying your a man of skill :zzz:, im sure your amazing :tard:

my favourite player is dry bones and the hammer bros because they have good defence moves and dry bones has my favourite skill shot my friends calll it cheap but on many of occassions i shock the defender and score and the defence hammer is very hard to beat the best chance is catch them off gaurd and hit them right before they start jumping

Last edited:
Im sorry but the Hammer Bros arn't invincible, its not cheating and it can be stopped. You can tackle them once just after they have used the hammer, its the same with Birdo, The Mole, Bowser, its just Timing.

Nintendo arn't stupid, and won't make an unstoppable character. Anyone who uses this tatic please challange me and ill proove its not invincible.

Funky Gibbon said:
:rolleyes: Maybe the people your playing aren't that good at using the hammer bros, lets face it if their fast with the hammer bros youv'e got issues. As you said yourself you still haven't played people who stop their skill shot half way through and hammer dodge.

But then again you keep saying your a man of skill :zzz:, im sure your amazing :tard:

I never said im a man of skill. I said if you have it you will be able to take them on. And I have played a good lot of games and none of them tend to fake. Im sure if they are skilled with hammer bros they are proberbly going to use that tactic though. Yet most people I have seen (not all) just over use them.

Brendo, I shall say that you found a skill, and you know how to use it :)

I lost with you, and I suffer those goals, which were passing the ball over the keeper with Diddy Kong and then just walk over the goal line, it's like humiliating :lol:
But fair.

I need to learn new skills...

Back