My Brawl Experience (SPOILERS)!

Marioman

Locke likes oranges
Mar 18, 2007
Ohio, Cincinnatti
Wii Online Code
2808-0927-1557-0457
Well the day finally came...yesterday and today I actually got to play the japanese version of Brawl. I will seriously say, and I mean this with all my heart, that this game will be GAME OF THE YEAR. From what I saw, there were no glitches or dissapointments. You actually have to try see a glitch. I moslty played multiplayer, but I did do about 10 mintues of single player. Well without further adu...here's my review of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Single Player
Let's start with single player. You enter the menu and you have quite alot of choices; Subspace, training, event matches (which are also 2 player), All Star Mode, boss mode, and many more things.
Subspace
I only played Subspace as I said for about 10 minutes, but from what I saw it ran very smoothly and it was very fun to play. I was just playing on normal, but the enimies but up a pretty good fight. I was acutally having trouble trying not to die (and I'm not too bad of a player either). I only made it to right before you fight petey piranha so not much more to say there.
Event Matches
I played about an hours worth of these. Very fun and very creative. I played a couple single player ones, but mostly I did the two player events which are totally different from the single player ones. It was alot of fun trying to figure out what you had to do for each event, it will probably be easier with an english game but you get my point. What I liked the most about the matches was the diffiutly setting. That's right, you can pay ever event on THREE different difficulties (Easy, Medium, Hard). So lots and lots of event madness to enjoy. If your playing on the hardest setting the event get pretty complicated near the last couple events. We weren't able to beat a couple of them. But overall no dissapointments here.
Training Mode
I experimented with this a bit just to check out all the items...not much to say. Still pretty much the same as Melee...
All Star Mode and Boss Mode
Didn't try

I might be missing something so check back for updates later...

Multiplayer
Well, best experience of the game right here...let's breakdown this menu...You got your regular brawls, torunaments, special brawls, and more that i mgiht of missed.

All I have to talk about in this section is about the multiplayer...My friend had about 10 people over so I got to experience the thrill of huge brawl matches. We played at first with all items off except for the Smashball, which brings me to my thoughts on smashes...SO FREAKING AWESOME. They arn't as easy to use though as it may seem. Such as Link for example...you can't just expect to use it on an enemy without even trying, you have to work at it...same for the one trying to evade the attack...you can evade it but your gonna have to work at it. My favorite part was knocking the smashball out and then grabbing it your self. We mostly played stock matches which work the same way as before. Let's take a look at what I thought of the stages, items, and characters.
Stages
Every stage was created...well...creativly...I loved allmost every new stage I played on. Every stage had hazzards in it that definitaly added to the gameplay. The stage most recently updated on the Website for instance...I loved that stage becuase of everything it did to cause trouble. The stage might rotate, or a beam come out of knowwhere and destroy you, or maybe your controls might be switched so right is left and down is up. That's the creativness that I'm talking about. There are a couple stages which are intended to give you a break form all the hazzards, but I'm not syaing they were bad stages. Final Destination is still one of my favorite stages. I think I played every stage except for the donkey kong one called...72 bit...i think. Only one that wasn't unlocked.

Favorite Stage:I'd have to say my favorite stage was the underground world of the Mushroomy Kingdom...so much fun because its alot harder to die because of the blocks that seal you into the room. You have to watch out thought when you get near the top because someone could easily hit you into oblivion even if you have low damage.

Items
Items...one of my favorite parts about the smash universe...not for serious battles, but for more relaxed i just wanna have fun battles. Don't you just love the feeling of throwing a mine on the ground in front of your opponent without him relazing it? Then as he tries to charge with an attack he is blown of the screen along with a couple "What the Hell?'s" Well brawl brings back all of this and brings even more to the party. There are many new items to enjoy. All of them are usefull and I don't think there are any useless items. Another cool feature is that you can now move while shooting a gun such as the scope...this is very usefull...here's an example. I started charging the scope one match and was almost to the full charge, but my opponent was advancing on me...all I had to do was back up a couple steps and he wasn't able to get to me before I blast him off the screen.

Favorite Item: Has to be the gooey bomb...reminds me alot of Halo withe the plasma bombs...very fun to stick a friend with one and then hear him scream unitll it explodes blasting him off the screen.
Characters
Ok...the best section so far...the characters...This time around as you know there are many new faces...I did get to play most of the new characters, but sadly the only one I didn't play was Pit...I should of and I'm sorry I can't give you guys a review of him. Well lets take a look at all the characters I played...
Pokemon Trainer:First character I tried...very fun to play with all though this is definatly not a character you can get right into and be good at. My friend easily killed me, mosly becuase I was just experimenting with all 3 pokemon, but also because you have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of each. Squirtle is a good one to start out with to rack up some fast damage. Then you can switch to Ivysuar and start putting the hurt on. But as you start to gain damage yourself you mgiht want to switch to charizard because its harder to kill and the strogest of the three...but also the slowest. Overall I liked the pokemon, but I'm gonna need to work with them before I really understand how to use them.
MetaKnight:Next one I used...I'd say this characer is a very good one for begginers, very easy to get in to. He is fast and get rack up damage fairly quick. His gliding ability pretty much ensures that he is not going to die by falling...your opponent is going to have to know you off into oblivion to actually kill you. The only problem though is that your going to have to get your opponents damage up pretty high because he doesn't have that strong of attacks, just some really fastones. I loved his FSA, I was able to kill two people at once with it.
Samus/ZSS:Ahh....one of my favorite characters...Samus is pretty much the same as before with a couple exceptions...nothing really different here...but after you get the smashball and use your powerful canon shot (which is extremelly effective by the way) you will transform to an even awesomer character...Zero Suit Samus. I loved this character so much that I didn't want to get the smashball and change back. She is very fast and packs a punch with her laserwhip. She can easily keep an enemy suspended in air while beating the hell out of him. When the funs over though, and you revert back to Samus, the Final smash that ensues isn't actually as weak as I thought. It zaps your opponents and then has quite a high knockback. Overall...wonderfull...
Snake:I used him quite alot...but he is another of those characters your going to have to work with to get better at. When he's just using his kick/punch moves he acts alot like Shiek or maybe Captin Falcon, Stronger but alot slower. The best part about him though are many types of weapons he can use (frankly I don't know where he keeps them all...) You have your gerandes, which can KO an enemy with a high damage %, a rocket that you shoot straight up and can control, a bazooka which is like a side smash attack and has low distance. There are others but I found those the coolest. His FSA is easy to dodge also...but strong if it hits
Diddy: Wow...this character is fun to play...might even turn out to be one of my mains...Very fast and agile...can easily rack up some damage and has one or two high knockback moves also. The feel of the character just made it one of my favorites. Also, Diddy's b-up move is a barrel blast...it sends you in an arch through the sky...it is also chargable...but if an enemy somehow hit one of the barrels while your using it, it will explode most likely causing you to die...Fun to throw bananas around on the stage...FSA very hard to use....but awesome nonetheless
Toon Link: People say they are sad that he is in the game, that he's too much like Link. Well besides the fact that they both have swords...I didn't see anything else in common. Toon Link's moves are very different than Links and cause different effects. To me, it seemed like he was a bit faster, although a little weaker. The best thing about him is his down b move. Instead of steadily falling toward the ground, you rocket towards it with sword pointed down. Very good move to stop a fleeing opponent and putting the hurt on. His FSA has a shorter range than Link's, but I think it is stronger overall.

Other Modes
This will be the section for the menu, that I can't remember, one with modes like the Coin Shooter, classsic games, and stage builder.

Stagebuilder:Sadly...I didn't get to use too much of this as it was hard to understand in Jappanese and we were trying to do group activites. I did get to play on a custom stage...can't remember it though...sorry for the little info, but there really isn't much to say. Just use Youtube to find what you want.

More coming tommorrow

Last edited:
Wow all them modes sound so good, can't wait until it is released here.

i knew about all of this, but its great to here a users opinion on the game.

^Yes your going to know most of the info here...but that isn't the point...First multiplayer part updated...

Wow I'm liking the sound of that too. God I'm so jealous right now, I could pop a balloon. :)

I'm actually building a bow, yes a bow for a project due Wed. so I'm kinda busy...but I'll have it done tonight...I'll update items now and have characters up around 10 (2 hours)

Character section updated with 3 new characters; Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, and Samus/ZSS

There is a local underground gamer place where I live that has a Japanese Wii and Japanese Braw, they've unlocked all the characters and stages and it costs $7 an hour to play on the Hi-Def TV I'm debating going, it's really sketchy there but I want to play Brawl so much.

Go, go, for a third time GO! getting the chance to play brawl before everyone else is great, you get a little experience before everyone else and you just get to play it! that should be a reason enough.

Lol, it's called Game Universe it's mad chill but mad nerdy, I've been there before, Game Geek's heaven, I want to go but not without some friends, and they're all Xbox Fanboy's.

Bring your trusty wii remote to the den and hit the xbox fanboys over the head with your remote. They will dissolve, like vampires to the sun, leaving you all the brawl heaven wii owners like you deserve.

I would go...likeInceptor said it's a good thing to get some experience before everyone else...I'll update some more later...

Back