My Brief Chat With GamePlay.com

D Twizzle

Lovin' The Wii
Aug 16, 2006
Nottingham, England
Wii Online Code
0130-2935-1724-6313
I have a preorder with a UK site called Gameplay.com and after all this play.com garbage I thought i'd ask where I stood with them:

You are now chatting with 'Luke'
Mark Dodsworth: hello
Luke: hi there, how can i help?
Mark Dodsworth: I was just wondering if you could tell me what position I am in the preorder cue for the Nintendo Wii
Luke: nope
Luke: Nintendo don't know yet
Luke: So wii don't know yet.
Luke: places that are saying who's got one are guessing
Mark Dodsworth: but dont you know how many people were in front of me in preordering?
Luke: bad news 4 the 1's they tell r getting 1, that then don't!
Luke: wii cannot access that info.
Mark Dodsworth: ok then, thanks for the help
Luke: not a prob, hav a good 1.

Just thought i'd let you guys who have a preorder with Gameplay know whats happening.

Last edited:
Play.com must have a rough idea of how many they are getting, I can't believe they are just guessing, otherwise they could get into trouble for sending out false information.

the guy seems to me to be very unprofessional...

I certainly wont use there website for anything...

TheRook

I've used Gameplay for lots of things, they have good offers and send items out very quickly. Never bought a release console from them though.

I like how he said "hav a good 1" and "wii" instead of "we"

I will never use that company.

Gameplay is far far far far far far far superior to any other games store on the web (except maybe Game but ive never used them before).

They cost a bit more but it is worth it. The chat there is basically the live help thing so it is short and sweet. Its normally only used to cancel orders or sort out returns.

I would certainly believe them over play.com any day of the week. As Ive found Play a bit iffy of late.

Back