My Broken Wii Story

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Make it short and sweet im now on my third wii console that should be coming in a few days.

My first one had a problem with loading the disc in the disc slot. It would load sometimes but most of the time it would give me an error and i would have to try a few times before i can play the game

My second one, same disc slot issue as well as when i power down or power up the wii with the wii mote, the green light comes on but the screen goes black. Only way i can get it to work is by turning it on manually, or trying a few times with the wii mote....... Its a sad day to be a wii owner

Any comments on the issues im having, anyone experience the same things?

I had to have mine replaced. You can see the story with the link in my sig under R.I.P. Digii.

If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit though...

Does this happen with multiple disks? And what process did you go through the first time to have it replaced? You dealing with Nintendo Phone support or a local Auth Repair Center?

-Bobby

yes it did occur with all 3 of my games and i live in canada eh so the only option i have is: phone in and ship it to my house

LOL @ Eh, nice to see a sence of humor on here.

Sorry again to hear you are having such issues. When you get #3, PM me your friend info and I will add ya.

Am I correct in the process:
1) you called
2) they sent you a prepaid box to send Wii to them
3) you sent it
4) they sent new one back
5) rinse and repeat?

Basically I would like to verify they are not making you pay shipping correct?

-Bobby

You are kind of correct. They send you a new one, with purolater prepaid return shipping. All you do is swap the consoles and send the old one back in the same packaging. NIntendo does cover all angles because before shipping the new one, they ask for your cc just in case you are trying to pull a fast one on them.

Last edited:
man that sucks man but at least its not too hard to send it in n stuff with sony i had to make copies of receipts buy stuff to send it in and all this garbage well thats what i had to do with my psp well thats why i like nintendo better

Back