My chances of getting one?

bigbadbrad

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
So I found out a game stop by me is getting an order of wii's in on sunday. The place opens at 10am, I'm planning to go there at like 9ish. Based on what you guys have seen now, what r my chances?

My friend's a friend of a manager of Gamestop (Friend of a friend's.. Cousin's..Neighbor'... OH THE INSANITY THAT COULD GO ON!) and he told him that they're getting 9 in on Sunday. So he asked what time would be a safe time to get there. The manager told them 4-5:30 AM. But it opens at like,9 AM here or something. I might go with him~

But yeah, I'd try at about 6-ish to be safe-ish.

I think it depends on where you are located and how many units they are getting.

Going earlier doesn't hurt to increase your chance. I'm thinking of going to Ebgames to try and get one but thinking maybe I should go at around 12-2AM to wait. (I live in Los Angeles)

Kinda scary to be camping out in Los Angeles?

I would recommend 5AM to get there personally, the Wii is a HOT TICKET.

xbandaidx said:
Kinda scary to be camping out in Los Angeles?

I would recommend 5AM to get there personally, the Wii is a HOT TICKET.

Scary? Well I guess that depends on which part of Los Angeles. It has its good and bad areas. But yeah, thinking waiting earlier wouldn't hurt to try and guarantee myself one.

well if its opening at 10 you go there at 9 i doubt youre gonna get one. i dunno i dont have one yet. although on sunday im gonna go to target at 3 or 4 when they open at 8. like he said before its all about location

i would say if you want one badly enough go at 8 and take your gameboy... 9 would be pushing

but after reading everyone else's posts we have it damn easy here in canada haha... you guys really love your wiis down there

I could see maybe camping on the morning of release, but camping on the chance that some store MIGHT get a shipment is just desperate.

Heh, I thought if I went at 6 on launch day I could get it. I decided to go at 2 and out of 105 Wii's I barely got one of the last ones. So good luck getting it at 9..

This is a reason I'm not sure about going thought. Think about this, I live in Chicago and one day we had a bad snow storm, ppl got stuck pullout out of there driveway with 4x4 suv's. I found out ppl where waiting out side of that store since 6am to get a wii so idk if I should just wait till after newyears.

well before i said that im gonna camp i dont need to worry about them MIGHT having them. Me and my friend called and they said that they are definently having a shipment on sunday but just to call if theres a change so im lucky.;)

Back