My experienced with Video games and more

gwl

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2007
SoCal
Lately and even when companies were starting making video games for home use. There always have been some kind competition between video game manufactures. I remember when in the late '70s, my mom gave me my first video game (Coleco). It only had a pong looking game and crude looking hockey game. Soon after Atari 2600 and Intellevision came on the scene. Space Invader for the Atari was the game to get and Intellevision lost the battle. Then, nobody was interested in Home Video Games. A few year later, I think Nintendo announce that it will start producing consoles for home use. Sega later join the race and Sony soon followed afterwards. I think the PC started this trend. Microsoft had Flight Simulator, Sierra had The Sims and Galaxy Quest, they were the hot games. A short time later Doom was released. That was a great game, it was of the first games that can be played easily over the network.

Over the years, I mainly played games on the PC. I would buy my son video consoles over the years. Only two were N64 and the Gamecube were new. Others were the Gameboy, Dreamcast, and Virtual Boy which I bought when they were discounted.

I still have the Dreamcast and the Virtual Boy, the Dreamcast is still hooked up. Too bad the Dreamcast was killed off by Bootlegged copies. I just got a used PS2 to play a bunch good cheap games that are out.

BTW, I just bought the Wii a couple weeks ago and probably wait for XMAS to play it. They were a bunch available at the time. I think it was the middle of November and Toys r Us had at over 50 and Target had 20. I was shopping for games when TRU had those big sales and each time the Wii's were in stock. Too bad people waited too late to find a Wii for Xmas.

this post makes no sense to me...like...what does this do for you? it doesnt present a topic to be discussed really, it doesnt ask a question or inform anyone of any useful information...

whyd u post this? :confused: :wtf:

gwl said:
Sierra had The Sims

Dont you mean simcity? The Sims serie's only started like a few years ago.

And I agree with metalfreak. Just create a free blog if you want to say whats on your mind or make a captains log.

cyberzomby said:
Dont you mean simcity? The Sims serie's only started like a few years ago.

And I agree with metalfreak. Just create a free blog if you want to say whats on your mind or make a captains log.

lol captains log +rep!

Back