My First Wii game review!

Akaymay

On the Highway to Hell!
My First Wii game review! (Exitetruck)

Well, I played Excitetruck yesterday for a little more than an hour, and I got a very good feel from it!

Well, this game is much more than racing, much much more. Not only must you get first place, but you have to score enough "Stars" to pass the level. To score the stars, you must pull off "feats" as I call them. Such as get enough "air" or stay in the air as long as possible, or ram other trucks in the race. Another way is to smash through some trees. And say you were to total your truck, no worries! Once you total your truck (Which isnt very hard), it'll go into slow-mo and you must rapidly press the "2" button. and you'll re-appear with a huge boost!

There are also power-ups! There are Turbo power-ups, which will give you a major boost, and there are "!" power-ups that will alter the stage in a way, and sometimes huge white circles will appear in the air, which if you collect them, you get more stars!

Now, on to the review:

Graphics 7/10

The graphics were decent, they weren't spectacular like Zelda:TP was. It didn't exactly show off the Wii's real capacity of graphics. Still nice though.

Control 9/10

The trucks had very good control and it was extremely easy to get a hang of all the controls, but there was an excessive use of the 1 and 2 buttons, and little-to-no use of the A button. Like, my preferation to accelerate the truck would be to hold the A button, but it's the 2 button, kinda strange. But this was an amazing experience with the motion sensor, it's amazing. Nintendo had definatly put their minds to this motion sensor. It was no cheap experiment, I completely covered the sensor on the Wiimote with my hand, and it still worked perfectly!

Variety 5.5/10

Well, there weren't many types of gameplay, only racing and multiplayer, but there were almost fifty different trucks to choose from, not to mention you can customize the truck to any color you want! And I'm not too much into trucks, but I think some of them are real models of trucks. (I'm way into sports cars though!). There are many, many different types of levels to go through, form desert to plains to snow, and not to mention all the different types of cups and medals.

Sound 7/10

Well, it's just sound, but they reacorded real sounds of the trucks and all...

Overall 7.7/10

Well, the gameplay wasn't "WOW" But it was more like "Awesome!" Mainly because of the point and scoring system, and the wide variety of levels and stages to choose from. The controls were an overall thumbs-up. They really put the Wii-mote to good use here and didnt dissapoint me whatsoever :wink:

Recommendation:

Alright, my choice is, dont reserve it, or spend your money on it at launch, unless you're an avid racing game fan. It's a good game, but there are better at launch, such as Red Steel and Zelda:TP. But if you happen to have an extra few bucks, this should be a good choice for you to get!

Last edited:
How did you steer the vehicles, could you use the wiimote titl feature and if so how did it feel?

i0n said:
How did you steer the vehicles, could you use the wiimote titl feature and if so how did it feel?

Well, here's the best I can put it:

The Wiimote is like this normally:

| |
| |
| |
| |

The Wiimote to play Excitetruck had to played like the handle bars on a Bike:

--------
--------
And to turn the vehicle, you just turned it like you would on a bike! So amazing! So yes, you definatly did get to feel for the motion sensor.

It felt very easy to handle, yet at the same time, very, very fun, except to accelerate, you had to hold down the "2" button, and that kinda made my thumb uncomfortable, but still awesome nonetheless

Nintendo had definatly put their minds to this motion sensor. It was no cheap experiment, I completely covered the sensor on the Wiimote with my hand, and it still worked perfectly!

Last edited:
Akaymay said:
Yeah, I'm just saying my thumb was kinda cramped up because it's so close, and I have to like, bend my thumb pretty far inward, if you get it :lol:

You can just press your whole thumb against the 2 button, so it's not just the tip of your thumb.

Anyway, nice review. I'm going to ask my mom if we could go to gamestop today and see if the Wii is there. :D

Akaymay said:
Well, here's the best I can put it:

Nintendo had definatly put their minds to this motion sensor. It was no cheap experiment, I completely covered the sensor on the Wiimote with my hand, and it still worked perfectly!

That is because Excite Truck doesn't use the sensor in the Wiimote. Only games where you point at the screen use the sensor and sensor bar.

Back