My next Wii purchase

Limbo

God Among Rabbids
Nov 20, 2006
Tampa, FL
Due to time constraints, when I bought my Wii console in February, I immediately shelved it. Only very recently have I set up the system and begun to play. Like everyone else on Earth, I purchased Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess (which I am enjoying quite a bit), but apart from Wii Sports, TP is my only game.

Now, as I've only just begun TP, I'm in no rush to buy my next game; I only hope to have it by the time I finish TP so that I still have something new and interesting to play.

With this in mind, I'd like to know what games all of you would recommend, whether they are out yet or not, and why. I'm looking for a game with excellent replay value, and interesting gameplay. The game would ideally be full of depth, and rather long. What I don't want is a game such as Rayman's Raving Rabbits, which is a handfull of mini games slapped together.

Again, I'd love to hear your opinion on any released or upcoming games which you believe to have substance and replay value. Thanks for the help.

TortillaChip520 said:
and redsteel, i recomend it for getting use to FPS's for the wii (although most ppl would NOT recomend, w/e)

Does the shaky control scheme limit the game's story? I've heard some negative things about the controls in Red Steel, but at the same time it seems to have a decent storyline and good graphics. Can the controls be overcome?

Limbo said:
Does the shaky control scheme limit the game's story? I've heard some negative things about the controls in Red Steel, but at the same time it seems to have a decent storyline and good graphics. Can the controls be overcome?
yes, i set the sensitivity to minimal, but once you get used to it, i'd put it to medium. it's just about a 45 min learning curve, cuz u move the curser to the edge of the screen to turn, but u get used to it.

it was by most highly anticipated game for the wii before i bought it.

Resident evil is good but I didn't like playing through it again and the new controls didn't make it more fun for me. Latley I've been playing godfather again that game is pretty long and fun.

I'm looking forward to getting Harry Potter and the order of the pheonix(pre-ordered). It's out on the 29th of June in UK, i think its out on 28th(June) in USA.
It follows the guideline of the story, has easy-hard settings and you use your remote as the wand.
Also the bits where harry isn't playing (such as Sirius' fight and Dumbledore's) you get to play as them.

Last edited:
I have currently Zelda, Wii sports, Heatseeker

I can recommend Heatseeker as it's pretty damm fun!

Also yesterday I purchased Metal Slug Anthology :) what a game this is if your into your old skool side shooters then I recommend this

It sounds like Resident Evil 4 is a popular game, and as I've never played any of the Resident Evil games before, I think I'd enjoy it. Are the graphics in that game pretty decent? I've heard some of the textures are poor quality, but other than that it sounds great.

Mario Strikers also sounds fun, but I think I'd wait till I have a fews more Wiimotes for friends before I bought that.

Put these games on you to buy list!

Resident Evil 4 - Havn't played it yet, but have got RE:2 and Code : Veronica X, and with the addition of Wii controls makes it worthwhile!

Super Paper Mario

Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles

Back