Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My own E3 Nintendo thoughts

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by DBloke, Jun 15, 2010.

1. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Now this was typed as I watched it so its a pre-recorded live thing (and is posted on my moaning sod blog).
    So here are my thought's on the conference.
    Be warned contains reference's you might not get, my own sexual perverseness, me talking about those damn mushrooms, a bit of homophones misuse and A LOT OF CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY POINT!

#1 DBloke, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. EvilClown

EvilClown I wear Foxtrot -- Uniform

Wii Friend Code: 6666-6666-6666-6666
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    WOW!! Prinny, dont you see? LOZ isnt turning devo... ["CRACK THAT WHIP, WHIP IT GOOD!!"] Link is the new Indiana Jones.... on a flying beetle.......!! I am Metroid challenged, however, if Other M gets good reviews I might check it out. Nintendogs? Its like a cockroach, I try to make Nintendogs Cease to exist. sadly I failed. Im not interersted in Mario sports games either!!

WiiParty? I havent even gotten WiiPlay cause it looks soooo boring. WiiSports Resort is on my list though!! [DONT BAN FOR NEXT STATEMENT; FOR ITS JUST AN OPINION lawlolawl] Yush, I understand how overly retro you are, however I think 3D games truly are better. I mean;; I like some 2D games from this generation and the old gaming generation.. however, I like this one NES wrestling game, ok, but since I got a taste of WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010, I think there are some games that would be so much better as 3D. And Vice Versa. [I.E. they made a remake of punchout which pissed me off]

3DS-- Could you please ellaborate what you mean when you say "[whats hisface] is making us play outside, eh?" Ive been waiting to buy the 3DS, So I havent even bought a reg. DS cause Ive been waiting. LMFAO @ Girls with strapons

Ciao DarkPrinny[BTW: Not nice to make fun of Emo kids...]

3. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Wiiplay I got that one as it came with a Wiimote and was kinda fun with a few drunk friends.
    The best Wrestling game is Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on the N64 and I would love to see a update of that
    I don't ban for people having decent opinions.
    I am overly retro, but it is known that 2D plaformers>3D platformers, but since I am looking forward to new 2D games dose that not mean that im not retro

MIND SPOLSION!!!

The 3DS could be a good thing, but then I am reminded of the "Virtual Boy" that had promise, but went a bit wrong with a total lack of colours other than Red and black (it was ok but the best games could be put on other formats).

Why what are these EMO kids gonna do?
    Cut them selfs?
    Been there done that got over it.
    SEGA WONT MAKE A NEW CONSOLE THERE IS NO NEED TO BE EMO ABOUT IT!!

Sonys one is up on my moaning sod blog

#3 DBloke, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  4. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't know why but when I saw one of Link's weapons is a whip, i thought "Oh now Link is a Castlevania whipping Vampire killing Simon Belmont wanna be, I see how it is"
    I still got $5 dollars down for this new Zelda game at gamestop.

5. EvilClown

EvilClown I wear Foxtrot -- Uniform

Wii Friend Code: 6666-6666-6666-6666
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    ROFL. I liek whips. Although no offense, Im not one for castlevania....

6. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

You didn't like the Punch Out! remake? My sons are both huge Punch Out fans (one on the NES and the other on the SNES) and they both loved the new version. They'll only play it using the traditional controls though.

I like 3D games but not just for the sake of it. Castlevania is a good example, they tried to go 3D because it was the big thing at the time and the games suffered. The 2D games in that series are way better than any of the 3D ones. Fighting games are another good example, Mortal Kombat was always better in 2D and the added dimension just made the games worse. Platformers tend to work better in 2D too. There are a few exceptions like Mario Galaxy 2 but not many 3D platformers can even get close to that level of gameplay. The best 3D games tend to fall under action or adventure and in those genres it generally works better than 2D does; at least for new IPs.

I am pretty retro too so I really like to see all the 2D games revived on the Wii (loved Muramasa and NSMB) but I wouldn't want to only see those games. Luckily Nintendo has a pretty good balance, a 2D Mario, then a 3D Mario, a 2D DKC, then a 3D Zelda. I wish my 360 had such a mix, as the games there tend to all be very similar (mostly FPS or 3D action games), although by owning both a Wii and a 360 it does give me a wider range of game types.

I'm so happy that they announced the 3DS, if they had said a price and release date then i'd have been off to preorder it already. It really was great timing as I was going to buy a DSi soon, but now I'll just wait for the 3DS.

7. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Well what I have found out about with these modern games is they drop in price a lot after a few weeks.
    Seen Madworld for a fiver, Punchout for a tenner and a few others that I cant remember for a few quid.
    To bad im concentrating on getting PS2 games right now 9there cheap and theres a few that I want), but its a great time to buy these older games.

(Note there have been a few updates to my moaning sod blog with regards to E3)

2D IS BACK!!
    And ITS GOOD!!
    Even saw a new Contra that looks lush.
    Only prob I see is if they go DL only.

8. Caliko

Caliko I am Casual

Wii Friend Code: 2064-8110-4406-4869
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    No lack of colors. The graphics are vibrant and can even rival the 360. My friend played with the 3DS and wont shut up about how awesome it is and how natural the 3D looks.

9. ndragon13

ndragon13 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6666-5590-3447-6777
    6666-5590-3447-6777
    Good lineup for nintendo. I sold my ps3 and 360 and I'm proud of it too. they are dead consoles to me now. I've been a fan of nintendo since I was young, and I will continue that. Nintendo is truly the best when it comes to gaming. Please prove me wrong!