My painting being resold on ebay??

zurukea said:
Nice work ,what u sell it for?
it depends on size and detail..on canvas say 16"x20" go for $80 and up, sneakers $60+ hats $30 and I hate tshirts because the colors fade after a while so i dont do em anymore.

wario2ooo said:
hmmmm...how much would it cost you to design a pair of shoes with the word "nintendo" on them?...

if you are serious, the price can vary depending on if you want me to use your shoes or buy a pair and paint em, like i told zurukea, $60+ but with sneakers included itwill obviously raise the price..PM me if you are really interested

DRMARIO said:
Oh fantastic
I'll post some of my work momentarily, let me just upload the photographs.

Edit:

Here we go, two sketches of Regina Spektor. The first one being unfinished, the second one finished.

Click here to see a large version
I drew this picture of my brother, taken off a photograph a friend of mine took when he was in a match. The real photograph is brillaint:
A random hand I drew in my sketchbook :p

well its good to see u do have some artistic ability, but now its my time to be an art critic. I don't see any color..but thats ok because i do the same with my sketches, they are never finished. here is a some sketches I did to show you i can do more than just lettering.
skullsideviewjayaf6.jpg

some color and detail
roseskulljaywx3.jpg

as you can see by my avatar and these sketches, i love drawing skulls

If I DO remember correctly, I got there first in buying one of your products Jay, and, even then, ladies first. Seriously though, how much would airmail to the UK cost for you?

Jay588 said:
if your parents have an ebay account, go for it. I actually miss this painting now, it matched my walls nicely. I can paint you one if you are really interested and we can make a sale through paypal/money order

sorry... I cant spare even 20$ towards a painting. Im saving up for, Links crossbow training, a new camera, galaxy, and alot more

Frogger said:
If I DO remember correctly, I got there first in buying one of your products Jay, and, even then, ladies first. Seriously though, how much would airmail to the UK cost for you?
I believe I answered u on that but I may have been mistaken lol sorry...international first class may be close to $20 or $30, I have to look into it..I am willing to work with you, we gotta talk over msn or aim if u want. you seem really interested, I appreciate it

MySims said:
sorry... I cant spare even 20$ towards a painting. Im saving up for, Links crossbow training, a new camera, galaxy, and alot more
its ok, thanks for taking interest though :)

RawR here I come...

Anyways that is a nice piece of art there, although it took me a while to get it before reading the posts, it's nonetheless awesome.

Also, you don't have to like the art itself, but you should respect the time spent to make it ^.^

Anyone who can start a project and finish it with a satisfied result definitely should get a pat on the back, or a lollipop at the least. :yesnod:

WuddlePook said:
RawR here I come...

Anyways that is a nice piece of art there, although it took me a while to get it before reading the posts, it's nonetheless awesome.

Also, you don't have to like the art itself, but you should respect the time spent to make it ^.^

Anyone who can start a project and finish it with a satisfied result definitely should get a pat on the back, or a lollipop at the least. :yesnod:
thank you, i couldnt believe someone called it scribble lol..it dont bother me this is just the internet..where I live, graffiti is really popular and respected (aside the old people)

Hi, this message is directed towards frogger - I've noticed you're planning to import some art to the UK.
Art is subject to VAT (I have no idea why, cakes arent so why should art be?) and I hate to see any one get an unexpected bill as a nasty suprise.
I import a fair amount from the US both for work and personal stuff.
I'll show you how to do the math below, so you know what bill to expect. If you import 1 painting from Jay, and you purchase it for $80 (£40) and he charges you $30 (£15) shipping that comes to £55.
Once the item is in HM Customs they will add[unless you're very lucky and sneak through- it does happen now and then, but best to expect it gets charged]:
VAT 17.5% on the total value including postage - £9.63
DUTY varies over time, and country. As we have a strong relationship with the US its generally pretty low, around 5%. - £2.75
HANDLING FEES this is a bill from customs which includes using Parcel Force to deliver the item to your door. It depends on the weight and size of the item but I'd [very] roughly guess it to be around £5.
So thats: £55 (initial charge) + £9.63 (VAT) + £2.75 (DUTY estimate) + £5 (HANDLING FEES estimate) total = £72.38

Hope thats been some use...Mark

mark84 said:
Hi, this message is directed towards frogger - I've noticed you're planning to import some art to the UK.
Art is subject to VAT (I have no idea why, cakes arent so why should art be?) and I hate to see any one get an unexpected bill as a nasty suprise.
I import a fair amount from the US both for work and personal stuff.
I'll show you how to do the math below, so you know what bill to expect. If you import 1 painting from Jay, and you purchase it for $80 (£40) and he charges you $30 (£15) shipping that comes to £55.
Once the item is in HM Customs they will add[unless you're very lucky and sneak through- it does happen now and then, but best to expect it gets charged]:
VAT 17.5% on the total value including postage - £9.63
DUTY varies over time, and country. As we have a strong relationship with the US its generally pretty low, around 5%. - £2.75
HANDLING FEES this is a bill from customs which includes using Parcel Force to deliver the item to your door. It depends on the weight and size of the item but I'd [very] roughly guess it to be around £5.
So thats: £55 (initial charge) + £9.63 (VAT) + £2.75 (DUTY estimate) + £5 (HANDLING FEES estimate) total = £72.38

Hope thats been some use...Mark

thank you, i did not know about this...do you think it would be cheaper than $30 to ship it? is there a website that I can calulate all this stuff? I can get the weight of the canvas.

Jay588 said:
thank you, i did not know about this...do you think it would be cheaper than $30 to ship it? is there a website that I can calulate all this stuff? I can get the weight of the canvas.

I was only thinking about shoes and I have pretty small feet. People have managed to get cheap postage to me on eBay so I think it could be possible...

Saying that I think eBay deducts all of that from the seller... Do they not?

hmm..yeah maybe ebay doesnt charge the vat fees like mark was talking about. but shoes will be added to the price if i need to go out and buy em ofcourse, unless you can send me a pair you want done..what kind of shoes are they? i need to know if i can airbrush on em

Jay588 said:
hmm..yeah maybe ebay doesnt charge the vat fees like mark was talking about. but shoes will be added to the price if i need to go out and buy em ofcourse, unless you can send me a pair you want done..what kind of shoes are they? i need to know if i can airbrush on em

I believe I'm too young to post something overseas, ne? Well, probably converse, but I'm pretty open minded about shoes... I've seen someone before about painting on converse, she used acrylics though, she said it was fine and then she kindly broke her arm so it was never done.

I was thinking, would it cost more for you to put the shoes on a buy now setting on eBay and instantly inform me of when you're going to put them on...? Because that would make a lot of things easier.

You live in America, right? Everything is usually cheaper over there, if I'm looking to buy Converse of any sort it's £40, so I usually buy knock offs for a tenner.

well i dont have an ebay selling account yet, but i can probably work withthe guy selling my painting on ebay he lives close by and has bought many pieces of mine. there are listing fees and after the thing is sold ebay gets a cut of it..it would be cheaper and easier through ebay probably..these shoes i did for a couple were Vans, sort of like the converse, says J<3L
l_b19be251c14a949ec2a6732843a74fe9.jpg

what are these knock offs you are talking about?

Jay588 said:
well i dont have an ebay selling account yet, but i can probably work withthe guy selling my painting on ebay he lives close by and has bought many pieces of mine. there are listing fees and after the thing is sold ebay gets a cut of it..it would be cheaper and easier through ebay probably..these shoes i did for a couple were Vans, sort of like the converse, says J<3L
l_b19be251c14a949ec2a6732843a74fe9.jpg

what are these knock offs you are talking about?

No, no, no, I've always wanted a pair of Vans but they do not exist in size 5. That's what I've been told by the woman previously painting my shoes, so I just went for converse... My Converse knock offs just don't have All Star on, they're practically the same. If you can find some Vans in my size (I really don't know if I have the same size shoes in US) then I'll take them over Converse.

Back