My Personal Flight Training Center

Cadet

Cadet Airman
Apr 8, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
8968-1742-5593-9138
I'm saving up for a "Flight Training Center" of my own right now. So far I have the computer, the software (X-Plane by Laminar Research) and the table. The list below shows the specs of the computer:

THE COMPUTER

Digital Edge X-System Core2Duo
-2GB DDR-2 RAM
-Dual 500GB Drives
-640 MB
NVIDIA 8800GTS Graphics Card
-Intel Core 2 Duo Xtreme 6800
$ 2963.00
The table was $460.00.
I also need:
-Yoke $125
-Throttle Quadrant $155
-Flightstick $85
-Rotor Controller/Throttle for Single Engine Planes $115
-Pedals $125

I have no idea why I'm posting this. If you want to see pictures of the stuff listed above, here you go:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/westrichgr/fullsetup.jpg

OOO..I want my computer to look like that lol even though I don't use flight simulators. My aunties fiancee has been trying to make something like that though, he's really into that sort of thing too.

Right, the only reason your spalshing all that cash is because your in the air force right? so your getting be getting some practise at home?

Thats what i assume :p

man that set up looks wicked, i want one :D

If I had x-plane...I would be building new planes more than flying lol. How much is it up to by now? (BTW: planning on going to college for aerospace engineering soo......)

Edit: why not an ir-3 sensor thingy....

Edit2: I'd get dual cards....but dual 8800's would be sick!! You got vista? are the 8800's DirectX10 compatible?

Last edited:
Cpt.McCloud said:
Right, the only reason your spalshing all that cash is because your in the air force right? so your getting be getting some practise at home?

Thats what i assume :p

man that set up looks wicked, i want one :D
Well, I'm not in the Air Force right now, but I will be soon, when I turn 18 and graduate the AFROTC, but for now I am using it to get the hang of flying :)
Side Note: The picture of the setup isn't my table, its a touched up image from the website I order from. Everything on it is what I have, except I only have 2 monitors...right now...:ihih:

-Cadet

Last edited:
Woah that is AWESOME best of luck getting it all, and be sure to show us the pics once you're done :D

Its only worth it if you know that your career will be flying planes, which I know mine is.

-Cadet

I should post the one I use for church service presentation. 6 vcr/dvd/dvr's and 4 monitors. YEAH!! Also a $5000 projector....

Whatever happenededed to my TrackIR 4 thingymabobber idea?

200601naturalpoint3.jpg

I'll look into it, I've still got a few bucks left...possibly a link to a good site for it?

-Cadet

Back