My Philosophy on Gaming

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
Yea, the weirdest of occurences happen to me all the time...Sometimes I feel that I'm the Chosen One in this world, that I'm the only person who can really feel and see and is conscious. But those are at select few times when certain odd things happen lol...therefore, its more natural than you'd think, but still unnatural :crazy: .

Last time i said something like that in an MMORPG where lots of people can see your text, i got a whole bunch freaked out comments by people they were like "Are you Ok? Are you emo or something?" Meh... (and Btw, No, I'm not emo at all).
Lol, I actually think that sometimes too. Yet another mystery of the human mind. :/ I guess since you can't feel other's pain, love, other emotions you just can't except the fact they are the same as you, since you have YOUR OWN pain, love, other emotions; since you can actually experience yours, you seem more real to yourself then others...

And maybe I just described that in such a confusing fashion you won't understand....:drool: Maybe we're twins. :tard:

Well I wouldn't clump the words, 'gay, kiddy, and not cool' together. That can imply bad things, and if I understand what your saying right you wouldn't be the type of person to say a gay person is not cool due to the sole fact that the are gay.

Political issues aside and agree and disagree. People have the right to like whatever type of game they enjoy. That is after all what games are about enjoyment. There are constant debates about things like this in an online game I play (guild wars), there is a storyline and a PvE (player versus enviroment) setting which many people enjoy, and a high paced PvP (player vs player) competitive enviroment. It depends on what you enjoy but everyone plays to have fun. Some people PvP for fun, whether they win or lose they enjoy the game. Some people only have fun by winning.

I do however disagree with the fact that you say "Anyways, people have failed to recognize that the games people like to play are not their full choice." Whether you admit it or not, you can choose whichever games you like. Unless you are underage and a certain restriction is placed you have the power to spend your money where you want to. The same rationale is used against the news and television. They say that we don't decide what we watch on TV and what news is important. The media decides it by putting that on, but all laziness aside we can choose a different news source or station.

ssbb_lover said:
Lol, I actually think that sometimes too. Yet another mystery of the human mind. :/ I guess since you can't feel other's pain, love, other emotions you just can't except the fact they are the same as you, since you have YOUR OWN pain, love, other emotions; since you can actually experience yours, you seem more real to yourself then others...

And maybe I just described that in such a confusing fashion you won't understand....:drool: Maybe we're twins. :tard:

I've only met two people who share the same deepest thoughts as me in my life--and it's REALLY exciting, yet creepy when they lay everything down just as you would--you would never expect them to believe things almost just as much as you do. You feel like you must become friends with them immdediately, as no other person has accepted those beliefs as you do. You may be the third rare person who thinks of things in such a fashion met in an extremely rare case through the internet. Maybe this was supposed to happen? :eek:ut: lol anyways, i have a twin brotehr, and he understands everything just as I dO for the most part--and its definately not a coincidence that he's my twin brother (faternal) and it is only us who think that way. The other person is my older brother's friend, who only came over once, but all of a sudden we got into this conversation when my older brother was sleeping somehow and stayed up till 4 talking about those things...when you meet that rare oppurtunity, its impossible to let it go. (this message pretty much goes to SSBB's ears, as he would probably comprehend it all best). Oh yea, and your comment did not confuse me, but probably others who do not think as we do in our manners and what not. I guess that's what it is :thumbsup:

drroett said:
Well I wouldn't clump the words, 'gay, kiddy, and not cool' together. That can imply bad things, and if I understand what your saying right you wouldn't be the type of person to say a gay person is not cool due to the sole fact that the are gay.

Political issues aside and agree and disagree. People have the right to like whatever type of game they enjoy. That is after all what games are about enjoyment. There are constant debates about things like this in an online game I play (guild wars), there is a storyline and a PvE (player versus enviroment) setting which many people enjoy, and a high paced PvP (player vs player) competitive enviroment. It depends on what you enjoy but everyone plays to have fun. Some people PvP for fun, whether they win or lose they enjoy the game. Some people only have fun by winning.

I do however disagree with the fact that you say "Anyways, people have failed to recognize that the games people like to play are not their full choice." Whether you admit it or not, you can choose whichever games you like. Unless you are underage and a certain restriction is placed you have the power to spend your money where you want to. The same rationale is used against the news and television. They say that we don't decide what we watch on TV and what news is important. The media decides it by putting that on, but all laziness aside we can choose a different news source or station.

The word "gay" is by no means implying the sexual orientation of a person and is therefore an obvious term recognized by the general public, and I'm only using it cause the people who describe the games call it that. However, I did not literally "choose" to like to play RPG games and party games, but not FPSs as much. It came naturally to me to like such games. I noticed that (but is definately not restricted to) highly intelligent people really grasp RPG games. Nintendo games, RPG games, MMORPGs--it is safe to say that more Asians are into these types of games than non-Asians. Not stereotyping, but rather giving facts--the fact that many Asians play these types of games over non-Asians, simply put. Is it a coincidence that 1/4 kids in China are honors students, and 7/25 kids in india are honors students? Top two countries in the world with percentages that high, also love anime in America over anyone else. And I'm not saying that EVERYTHING in life is determined through natural destination, but rather many things that in the end decide your strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes--the way you were born and raised determines most of this. Through hard work, you can surpass anything that you just did NOT aquire naturally. In fact, that's what this world is a lot about--getting better at things you are not ALREADY excellent at, getting better and better. This is natural for human beings. Without getting too much into philisophy (as what i had just explained earlier is basically plain english), i hope you understand my point. And with this explanation and analogies, I hope you can relate to "playing videogames".

Again, although it was plain English, it was difficult for me to write everything down all in one shot.

I still don't buy that anyone is naturally destined to play a specific genre of game. It can certainly be shaped by your up-bringing and the culture in which you live but it's not like we are stamped at birth as stupid, FPS player, RPG player, platform expert, smart.

drroett said:
I still don't buy that anyone is naturally destined to play a specific genre of game. It can certainly be shaped by your up-bringing and the culture in which you live but it's not like we are stamped at birth as stupid, FPS player, RPG player, platform expert, smart.

Is that how I made it to seem? Well, I apologize for that, if I made it seem as though you were born and/or destined to like a certain genre of a game, and nothing more to it. In that sense, you are right. Nobody is branded as something so specific and so early. I defended that counterpoint by saying that you can surpass anything through hard work that you have not gained naturally--this is constantly occuring, is it not? This is why we work to learn new things that do not just come easy for us.

However, you are certainly, as you agreed I believe, directed, geared towards a certain direction due to influences of culture and up-bringing. Yes, this makes sense, it appears that a simple misunderstanding of words occured, and when that happens and you don't want to find out the truth and what really was implied, this leads to ignorance (and I'm not saying that's what happened, either) . :crazy:

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
I've only met two people who share the same deepest thoughts as me in my life--and it's REALLY exciting, yet creepy when they lay everything down just as you would--you would never expect them to believe things almost just as much as you do. You feel like you must become friends with them immdediately, as no other person has accepted those beliefs as you do. You may be the third rare person who thinks of things in such a fashion met in an extremely rare case through the internet. Maybe this was supposed to happen? :eek:ut: lol anyways, i have a twin brotehr, and he understands everything just as I dO for the most part--and its definately not a coincidence that he's my twin brother (faternal) and it is only us who think that way. The other person is my older brother's friend, who only came over once, but all of a sudden we got into this conversation when my older brother was sleeping somehow and stayed up till 4 talking about those things...when you meet that rare oppurtunity, its impossible to let it go. (this message pretty much goes to SSBB's ears, as he would probably comprehend it all best). Oh yea, and your comment did not confuse me, but probably others who do not think as we do in our manners and what not. I guess that's what it is :thumbsup:
I guess it is what it is. :/ Pretty weird though, I only had one other person like that, my friend who I met in kindergarden (however we lost touch a year and a half ago). Now I may have met another person that thinks like me....crazy. :tard:

@ my god the wii owns: how culd he be starting an argument by using the term "they"? If you're referring to the "gay" mis-conception, I think that's been cleared up.

noooo i just typed a huge thing on how my philosophy on gaming corresponds to real life situations, i spent a good 15 minutes typing it all up...now all that information is boggled in my head and I'm too lazy to write it all back up. Ion, please if you hear this, stop logging people out for being "idle" for several minutes, it seems that every time i type...since my mouse isnt actually clicked on the site, but rather in this text box, that I am considered "idle". I lost at least 3 long passages in this way! bah its annoying watch this post not even make it through...

Yeah I agree.

Most people and gamers don't know what they're missing out on. I'm constantly suggesting games to my friends who play strictly only play typical mainstream games like Final Fantasy, Halo, or GTA. I've helped a lot of them gain new interests in games they wouldn't have ever thought they liked.

As a gamer I think before you diss a game you should make sure you make an honest attempt to play it first. For all you know the game you diss could be your favorite game, if you weren't so fixed on making dumb assumptions of it!

Not to mention you should realise you can't like every game, there will be good games you'll absolutley detest, but just because you don't like them it doesn't make them bad games. It just means you have your own taste.

A true gamer trys a little bit of everything or everything if he or she has the big bucks.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
Yeah I agree.

Most people and gamers don't know what they're missing out on. I'm constantly suggesting games to my friends who play strictly only play typical mainstream games like Final Fantasy, Halo, or GTA. I've helped a lot of them gain new interests in games they wouldn't have ever thought they liked.

As a gamer I think before you diss a game you should make sure you make an honest attempt to play it first. For all you know the game you diss could be your favorite game, if you weren't so fixed on making dumb assumptions of it!

Not to mention you should realise you can't like every game, there will be good games you'll absolutley detest, but just because you don't like them it doesn't make them bad games. It just means you have your own taste.

A true gamer trys a little bit of everything or everything if he or she has the big bucks.

well put :thumbsup:

RPGMasterTurk91 said:

What i am picking up from this post is alot of Arrogance over nothing.

M8, everyone feels and thinks differently - you can wrap it up into 2 Categories of people: People who accept your life is pointless and makes the most out of it or people who constantly think about it, cant let go, and sometimes eventually kill themselves. Have fun m8.

Overall tip: Humble defeats arrogance if you want people to like you :p

Ashenshugar said:
What i am picking up from this post is alot of Arrogance over nothing.

M8, everyone feels and thinks differently - you can wrap it up into 2 Categories of people: People who accept your life is pointless and makes the most out of it or people who constantly think about it, cant let go, and sometimes eventually kill themselves. Have fun m8.

Overall tip: Humble defeats arrogance if you want people to like you :p
You kind of just proved the point of this thread when you say...
Ashenshugar said:
M8, everyone feels and thinks differently
Look at the thread title: "My Philosophy on Gaming"

Not trying to bash, just saying, if you're going to post, at least debate with him. :)

ssbb_lover said:
You kind of just proved the point of this thread when you say...

Look at the thread title: "My Philosophy on Gaming"

Not trying to bash, just saying, if you're going to post, at least debate with him. :)

Yeah...I think ashenshugar missed the whole point of this thread, then summed it up in one sentence, thinking I said the opposite in my "speech" if you will. Also, I'm simply stating my philosophy, and tried to relate it to real-life...but my post got deleted and I have to write it another time. I know you're gonna wonder how it got deleted...so i typed the whole thing up, i clicked on "send" and it said "you are not logged in. You must log in " and that stuff. Writing down something thats already very hard to explain will definately be harder the next time you have to repeat it, when its not all bunched in your mind and its back in pieces again. I don't know about others, but that;s how this "philosophy" works for me. I know everything already, its just remembering it and getting it down into words is very hard. Only you know your mind language. :yesnod:

Back