My PROBLEMS so far... anyone else?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blair

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Disc unrecognized , Save game didn't save, No pause menu ...

Disc unrecognized , Save game didn't save, No pause menu ...

Hey,
I got my system and played it normally without any updating or connecting to the net. Here's how mine has gone...

Disc Unrecognized Error
I played Wii sports. Played Great.
I then went to Monkey Ball. Played Great.
Started playing Zelda. Played Great.

Then I went back to Wii Sports and it won't work.
Ever since the first time I played Wii Sports, I get the ridiculous error "Game disc unrecognized. Refer to operations manual for troubleshooting."
I have tried numerous times before and after my other games which run normally, but NO WII SPORTS.

I have checked the disc for scratches and cleaned it a couple times. The disc is absolutely inserted in the correct way.(just like my other games)

And I still get this damn unrecognized disc error.

There are no scratches on the game, Its brand freakin new, and it wont work.

Im a bit pissed. I only played three holes of golf and now I can't play the game at all. It doesn't even make sense. Did the Wii fry the game. I don't get that.

Zelda not saving game data, fear that others won't save also
Also,
my other problem is that Zelda game saves didn't save my most recent progress. Not only did I manually hit the Plus button, point at "save" and then confirm to save my progress,
but I also saved the game after going through an automated sequence and list of tasks in game, where the game asked me to save.

After I played Zelda for a few hours, saved game two different ways, I hit the home button.
It allows you to either "reset the system completely", or "return to Wii menu."
If you hit "return to Wii menu", it says that any unsaved data will be lost.
BUT, I saved my game twice as I stated.

When I returned to my Zelda game, the log file for continuing a game, did not reflect the most recent save points and I had to do the entire initial wolf mode over again.

This time I saved my game under all three different save slots, so I could verify what the hell is happening. Anyone else seen this kind of thing.....

This takes me to my other problem

No Start button - No Pause
If there were some sort of standard pause button or start menu like many other games, you would be able to pause game, quit the game to the main menu instead of quitting the game to the Wii menu.

Does anyone else see a problem with having no damn "start" or "pause" button or menu of any sort.

The only "start-esque" menu, is the "home" button , which can either reset the system entirely, or take you back to the Wii main menu which, either case you lose all progress if you have not yet saved.

But apparently, even when you save, you lose your data.
I have a major problem with not being able to pause my game, and quit to the "game main menu" as opposed to the "operating system menu".

Seems like a major design flaw and I haven't read anything else from anyone about the issues Ive had....

PS. Wii Remote syncing can also be a pain in the ass.

PSS. Love the controller in general. Zelda really feels great after a couple hours.

Last edited:
I believe the + button is meant to be the Pause button but it just brings up the iteem screen in Zelda..... Rest assured though just because it doesn't say Paused i believe its own sort of pause.

Thats the pause button for Wii sports anyways. I have also heard of another person having the problem with Wii Sports. Just be glad your console didn't fry in 20 seconds like mine.

yeah syncing the wii remote was actually easy once i read the manual. I haven't had any of those problems though, thats weird, you have a righteous anger going on

1) You are probably putting the disc in backward.

2) Zelda saves games fine, but if you are in a dungeon and you quit you will have all items unlocked and acquired up to when you saved, but you will have to start from the beginning.

3) There is multiple pause buttons, Home, +, -.

vagrant said:
1) You are probably putting the disc in backward.
Hey moron,
I have played all my games numerous times.
Clearly Im not putting it in backwards.
Thats obvious.

vagrant said:
2) Zelda saves games fine, but if you are in a dungeon and you quit you will have all items unlocked and acquired up to when you saved, but you will have to start from the beginning.
Again, MORON
As you will read, I went through the entire wolf sequence, then I obtained all of the tears of light, I went through the cinematics, was warped back out of the twilight and turned back into Link.
Pretty good stopping point I would think.
Clearly not in the middle of a dungeon right....

In fact, it was the very beginning of a brand new quest.
I quit the game, after saving through the autosave feature, and also, manually.
When I returned, I find my saves not holding up...
Again, NO Zelda clearly didn't save fine on my machine.

vagrant said:
3) There is multiple pause buttons, Home, +, -.
Actually those aren't pause buttons.
Those buttons would be called Home, +, -.
AND, those buttons don't even have the same functionality of a pause button.
'Home' can either reset the system entirely, or take you back to the Wii main menu which, either case, NOT THE GAME MAIN MENU.
The other two buttons take you to in game menus, but not a typical pause menu, with options such as "Quit Game", or "Restart", or any feature which allows the player to quit the current instance of the game and exit back to the main game menu.

Lacking feature in my mind.

Look at it this way. The Wii is having the least problems on Launch out of X360 and PSSuck, erm, PS3. If you have a problem, I've heard many people just calling the nintendo hotline, and having them arrange to send a new machine withing 3-5 days. Calm down, its a game youre talking about, not your heart..

blair said:
Hey moron,
Thats obvious.

Again, MORON
As you will read, I went through the entire wolf sequence, then I obtained all of the tears of light, I went through the cinematics, was warped back out of the twilight and turned back into Link.

'Home' can either reset the system entirely, or take you back to the Wii main menu which, either case, NOT THE GAME MAIN MENU.
The other two buttons take you to in game menus, but not a typical pause menu, with options such as "Quit Game", or "Restart", or any feature which allows the player to quit the current instance of the game and exit back to the main game menu.

Hey retard, stick to the leap frog math games. Game consoles are obviously over your head. And yes those buttons very much do the same thing as pause, as they, pause the game. And in fact they do the same thing as "start" in older zelda games.

damn Blair uncalled for.

dont come on forums asking questions just to flame people when they try to help. your post says a lot about your maturity, at least with online forums.

only problems I have had to date is horrible audio every once and a while. so far it has only been with Wii sports

blair said:
Hey moron,
Thats obvious.

Again, MORON

ACTUALLY THERE IS!!!!! Like i said before hit the wonderful little + button which is like a pause button. Notice in this menu at the bottom of the screen it gives you the option to save or change options (like a normal start menu).
SAVE YOUR GAME and it says DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE PLAYING? You click No and it tkes you to the games title screen.

ITs all very clear. Also like i said before i believe the + button is used for pause in games.... Next time you are playing Wii sports try it out. :yesnod:

Glad I could help!!!

First bad thing to happen

I was about to play Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the first time. After I put the game in the console, the game title appeared normally in the Wii channel screen.

When I tried starting the game, it sounded like the system was having a hard time loading the disc. (It was scanning, repeatedly and louder than normal.) After about 30 seconds, it game me an error screen.

I forgot exactly what it was. So I ejected the game, restarted the system, and tried again. The second time, it loaded up perfectly. I hope this doesn't happen more often. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

also the home button allows you to acces not just wii menu and reset, but your wii remote settings, and also the + menu does have game options at the bottom for adjustment...

I blew up cuz Vagrant tried to big-time me by answering my questions with cute little one liners.

Nice job V.

My complaints are legit, and BTW V, I a am game software developer, AND a web application developer. I look at things from a development standpoint that increase the satisfaction of the end user.

I do math problems you wouldn't even know how to Google.

My points are this:

You have to hit PLUS, then SAVE, then QUIT?
Yeah thats super intuitive.
Why not PAUSE, then QUIT, then ask SAVE.. Yes or NO?

In monkey ball, there was a similar situation.
It has no obvious option to quit a current round.
Thats a flaw from a player stand point and non-intuitive controls suck baltz.

Also, in Zelda, the game saves didn't save my progress.
Nuff said.

I tried calling Nintendo about my Wii problems.
They don't even act like they will help. Their machine says you need to call back when they are less busy....
Niiiiice.

I would love to package up my Wii and run to the nearest Circuit City, and exchange my system and Wii Sports, but they're all sold out.
EVERYWHERE.

So until they get more, I gotta wait it out, and come ***** on these forums to try to find other people with the same problem that may have figured it out.

Any more Brain-busters V....

Last edited:
I kinda agree with blair, that was kinda purposly down talk to Blair. Vagrant was kinda rude. Obviously if you read his post, he played games, therefor no backward disc and etc. But with Blair, two wrongs dont make a right. Be the bigger man since you obviouslt know a thing or two about electronics and software. Can't we all just get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back