My Review of Madden 2008

I just played an online game and it was very non responsive. Almost a second between moves. Pretty pathetic. If its not fixed, no Madden leagues can make it

just depends on you opponents connection and yours as well. I played a game and it was really smooth and very little lag. The next game, the person had a bad internet connect and it was laggy and choppy. Just gotta play people that have 4 or 4 bars next to there name.

I'm really disappointed...this game is aweful. I really hope there's a patch soon. I completely agree with this review. I've owned every Madden since it's initial release, and this is by far the worst. Honestly, it makes me wish I had a 360 instead.

oh boy. Not liking the reviews of Madden 08. I put off buying 2007 alone for the online play in 2008. Now reading that is lags and even some of the options are better in 2007 than 2008. I only have lite speed internet connection and have a feeling i'd be one of those online players that would cause the lags and possible disconnection because I don't have high speed internet connection.

dunno what u guys are on i borrowed this game from a friend and the online iss quite good, i dont get that much lag, i had only about 2 brisk pauses thats it. i hate american football, too many rules, hate this game, want transformers

Well, I will sell anyone my copy.:sick: I only purchased it because I want to support the Wii's online efforts. If this is a hint to how it will be:scared: . Just imagine SSBB with the Madden 08 lag!? YIKES!! Anyway, I am willing to sell this. PM if wanted. Good game but should have purchased something else I was eyeing for Wii.

Thanks for the honest reviews guys, this is unfortunately what I expected. It should get better though surely, because if online fails like this it is going to end up hurting the big "N" more than anything.

I've only had problem with the online portion of the game so far. The game itself is quite good. I like the franchise mode and the controls are better than last year's game.

I think the online thing is just EA servers and not the game itself. Hopefully that will be remedied soon because if not then that is just disappointing.

I don't see what all the complaints are about aside from the online stuff. The game isn't perfect but then again no Madden/NCAA games ever are. It is fun though.

i had no idea what i was doing(didn't read the controls, on on advanced mode just fyi) and i beat the computer

huh-zaa

i might try online later, i don't like it cause i dind't know what i was doing but i'll probably enjoy it more once i get used to the controls..

gamespot gave it a 8.0 ign-8.5.. shocking, people hate it, they love it.. im sure once online works well if it does, i will like it more

I would be much happier if I could find out how to create a player in franchise...or better yet how to save my franchise when I get out of the training camp exercises...it kicks me to the main menu before it saves, so I can't get to actual start a franchise.

jared19 said:
the online has not worked for me. It keeps saying "EA has lost connection want to reconnect"

Same exact thing.

I worked all day, got home late after picking up my reserved copy of '08.. practiced a little bit offline, and when I tried to get online - it won't even connect. In the instruction manual it says you need to be registered before you can 'use online features'.. but from what I can tell there are no options on the Wii's side to do anything but try to connect. Idk how going to EA's website would make your Wii connect to EA servers.

Then again, Mario Strikers Charged's first night of online was bad too. Hopefully this is fixed soon like Strikers was. I never played '07 on the Wii (I had '07 when I had a 360 - before I got rid of it for the Wii)... Didn't know what to expect with Madden on the Wii, obviously the controls are very unique (can't switch the running-back into pass protection once you pick your play and line up though).

Since I got '08 for the online play obviously - I'm really disappointed as of right now. Then again you gotta remember this game came out on all 3 past gen systems, and all 3 next gen... EA's not as dedicated to Wii-online play as much as Nintendo is with something like Strikers. EA had much more than that on their hands today with '08 online across all the platforms.

Edit: it finally let me online, giving me the option to create an account.

Last edited:
zeropants said:
I would be much happier if I could find out how to create a player in franchise...or better yet how to save my franchise when I get out of the training camp exercises...it kicks me to the main menu before it saves, so I can't get to actual start a franchise.

thats a problem ppl are having, it doesnt let you save your franchise and boots you to the main menu.. You cant create a player..

i also read on gamestop forum that the ticker said that there will be Maintance, it doesnt make me feel much better but hopefully EA will realize that online isnt the only problem

I haven't had any problems with franchise so perhaps there are some defective discs. Doesn't make the folks that are experiencing problems feel any better unfortunately, but it would make sense. If that is the case EA needs to replace those discs. Whatever is wrong EA has to fix it to save face.

Back