My review of THE BIGS

i am a new Wii user and loving it. Had no idea this game was out until 2 days prior and then had to search all over to find it, and i did.

i am old, 43, and my nephew, 17, kicks my butt. but its challenging, interactive, requires patience, hand/eye coordination, all are good things. not just pressing a,b,x,z and moving the joy stick, I call the other systems, 'thumb games', as all i ever get out of them is sore thumbs. I have played Wii sports and The Bigs for many hours and all i get is wore out! arms are sore,, sweating and adrenaline flowing, just like Playing HL2 on PC with a good buzz on Friday night when it first came out!
never mind the poor graphics, its Wii, we knew all Wii games would be equal to PS2, but you buy this system and games for the thrill and use of physical skills.

I have one question, can someone tell me how to jump while running so i can get my player to move through the Rookie challenge? i can slide, but not jump over obstacles and its killing me!!!!!

Thanks

i am a new Wii user and loving it. Had no idea this game was out until 2 days prior and then had to search all over to find it, and i did.

i am old, 43, and my nephew, 17, kicks my butt. but its challenging, interactive, requires patience, hand/eye coordination, all are good things. not just pressing a,b,x,z and moving the joy stick, I call the other systems, 'thumb games', as all i ever get out of them is sore thumbs. I have played Wii sports and The Bigs for many hours and all i get is wore out! arms are sore,, sweating and adrenaline flowing, just like Playing HL2 on PC with a good buzz on Friday night when it first came out!
never mind the poor graphics, its Wii, we knew all Wii games would be equal to PS2, but you buy this system and games for the thrill and use of physical skills.

I have one question, can someone tell me how to jump while running so i can get my player to move through the Rookie challenge? i can slide, but not jump over obstacles and its killing me!!!!!

Thanks

You press A and flick the WiiMote upward...it's nothing too crazy once you get the hang of it, just make sure you do it a bit in advance.

I'm still having trouble with coordinating myself enough to make those great catches and whatnot. It seems like I'll get there, but it's not easy re-orienting yourself to a completely different style of gameplay.

I am serious that I have tried that with maybe 1 in a 100 successes and even then it didnt seem like i was doing the right thing. It usually slides when i flick, up or down. i am trying different speeds, tempos, easy, hard, etc.. nothing... grrrrr

sgtducky said:
I am serious that I have tried that with maybe 1 in a 100 successes and even then it didnt seem like i was doing the right thing. It usually slides when i flick, up or down. i am trying different speeds, tempos, easy, hard, etc.. nothing... grrrrr

Hold A and flick up. If it does nothing then you aren't doing it quick enough. If it makes it slide it's because u are actually flicking the wiimote down slightly before making your upward motion and not realizing it.

FWELR said:
yes, there is offline multiplayer. you can do 1v1, 2v1, or 2v2.
Thanks man!

Oh, and go Barry ;)

copepv5.jpg

bonds sucks

i hope someone knocks him off. the mafia should, he is a waste of the best record ever. barforama.
can you say,, no class

I just played the BIGS at my brothers house. FOr the hour I played, I caught on pretty good. It was great fun. I went to walmart to buy, but they were out. I was trying to wait and rent online but I may not be able to hold off. Im not sure what I will do yet. Its fun, but how long does it take for the fun to wear off? Dont know if Im gonna take the chance.

A little FYI for anyone who complains of the "delay" when swinging and such.

Actually when you are batting, if you actually do a swing motion with the wiimote, by the time you straighten it out you hit the ball. So really it is pretty accurate. It's just that is you do little quick wrist motions like most it is going to see like a delay.

vagrant said:
A little FYI for anyone who complains of the "delay" when swinging and such.

Actually when you are batting, if you actually do a swing motion with the wiimote, by the time you straighten it out you hit the ball. So really it is pretty accurate. It's just that is you do little quick wrist motions like most it is going to see like a delay.

i understand what you mean, i do that little wrist motion when i play wii sports baseball, so the lag is really just making up for the time it would actually take to swing the bat? i want the game, is the rookie mode pretty fun, that is what the majority of people have said.

blueovalboy7 said:
i understand what you mean, i do that little wrist motion when i play wii sports baseball, so the lag is really just making up for the time it would actually take to swing the bat? i want the game, is the rookie mode pretty fun, that is what the majority of people have said.

rookie mode is awesome. its been pretty much all ive been doing since i got it tuesday night and im only 65% done, so that tells you how long it lasts. if you love baseball, you have to get this game, its a blast with friends as well:yesnod:

FWELR said:
rookie mode is awesome. its been pretty much all ive been doing since i got it tuesday night and im only 65% done, so that tells you how long it lasts. if you love baseball, you have to get this game, its a blast with friends as well:yesnod:

very nice, i do very much enjoy baseball, and baseball games, i have mlb 2k7 for my 360 and i think i would like a bit of a change from the simulator type. i like being able to build a player from scratch, like the campus legend mode that was on NCAA Football 07. and on mlb 07 the show.

Back