my router won't work for my wii. need help plz.

Zenoguy

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2007
U.S
ok this is what happens:
I go to settings in wii menu then I click new setup, then I click wireless connection, and then I click auto find (or whatever it's called) and it then finds the router, I choose it then it will test connection but it won't work testing the connection, it fails to.(even though it always finds it the first time and lets my choose it)

It works perfectly fine with my ps3 but it won't work with my wii..
please help if you know how to solve this problem.
my router: linksys WRT54GS

check that the channel is set to 1 or 11, check for auto dhcp (could have fixed ip's).maybe trying to turning off encryption to get connected then turn back on when all is fine??. ensure mixed mode is activated instead of b or g mode.check mac filter is not enabled(or add wii mac address to the list if it is).
good luck
p.s. i use same router :cool:

Zenoguy said:
how can I turn mixed mode on instead of b or g mode?
Instructions are in your manual. If you no longer have your manual, you can download it as a PDF from Linksys' website.

Also note that it's not necessarily a requirement to be on channel 1 or 11. What's important is to be on the least-populated channel in your area. This could easily be channel 6 if everyone else is on 1 or 11. Only choose channels 1, 6 or 11. Do a site survey to see which channel has the least interference.

If they're all crowded, wifi might not be an option for you and you might have to use the LAN adapter. Other things will wreck havoc with wifi such as some cordless phones, microwaves, and other wireless devices in the 2.4GHz range.

go to wireless,basic wireless settings and change the wireless network mode to mixed. it all depends on what wireless card is in the wii but it can help!.
was the mac filter enable/disabled?.is encryption(security) enabled?.
stu

Back