My Router

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
Okay so I cancelled my order for the 54GC and I'm getting a WRT54G Version 6. My question is do I need to download any firmware upgrade and if so will the manual tell me what to do? Do the instructions tell you how to setup a password for your wireless signal, etc? Also where do you guys go to get firmware? Is it safe or will it ruin it?

^^^^Well your username explains why that is. I'm talking about a wireless router. As in the Linksys WRT54G Version 6. I'm asking if its a decent router and whether or not I need any firmware to make it compatible with my Nintendo Wii. Got it!? GOOD!

Oh I got it...no dude you don't need any firmware..it will be compatible..it's wireless after all right? so yes it will be and you don't need a firmware

I"m actually really sorry about that. This whole technology/wireless sh*t is really stressing me out. Because I don't want to make a critical mistake in judgment and be stuck with a POS like the PS3. Learning all the different companies, types, and versions is just exhausting to me right now. Especially since I'm in college. So any help would be greatly appreciated. And once again sorry for the attitude...:(

It's ok..I myself don't understand it very well but just get the wireless router and connect it to a computer in your house, and you can use that to connect to the internet on the computer instead of a telephone line..and it will also be compatible with the Wii..so after you set it up just turn the Wii on and try out the updates and channels and you'll see it works

Depending on your wireless security, you may have to go onto the wireless base station (the computer the wireless settings are controlled through, if you werent already aware) and check MAC filtering, if you have this enabled, you will need to punch in the MAC Address for your Wii, and to connect your Wii, you might not only need an access password, but again depending on your security, you may need to punch in a WEP encryption key, which is recommended be setup anyway.

If you have any questions on any of this, feel free to ask me, if I can't respond in time there are plenty of others who can field the question and get you taken care of.

And this is a lot easier than it sounds once you have everything right in front of you.

Back