My sad New Years Wii realted tale . . .

Smileface

Your buddy! Or not . . .
I have been saving up my money for years now, doing hard work and labor, and getting multiple jobs. Yesterday, I achieved my goal of 300 dollars to buy a wii. I went to Gamestop at 8:30, waited in the cold for 1 hour and a half until the store opened, to reserve a Nintendo wii. After it opened, I went inside, with my hopes up, and asked the cashier, "Can I reserve a wii?"
These were his dark words . . . "Oh, sorry. We aren't doing that anymore. You were a bit late. We stopped yesterday night." Yesterday was the day I went to get a wii at gamestop, and on the way I was hit by a car and sprained my wrist and ankle. All for nothing . . .
I then asked, "Around when will you have some in stock?"
More dark words. He said, "We'll have them again around . . . " Not tomorrow, or next week, it was, "FEBRUARY." I have to wait for a wii until FEBRUARY.
I dont have money to buy online, and I also have a sprained wrist and ankle, with a sore back, all for nothing . . .
I am only typing with one hand, making it take a long time . . .

Please don't say
Sucks for you!
Or say,
Get over it.
I just wanted to say what the wii is capable of doing . . .
IT IS WORTH IT!!!
Thanks for reading my New Years Eve tale . . .

Wow interesting story:lol: I just waited in line for a wii for 2 hours.
Plus what happened to you is an inspiration to us all in some weird way somehow.....

Ow...
All I had to do was pitch a tent outside Wal-Mart/Zellers for launch day!
(With Zelda, an extra Wiimote and Nunchuk, and NFS:Carbon; ALL ON LAUNCH DAY!!)
:yesnod:

I got so many new friends there...

Last edited:
Smileface said:
I have been saving up my money for years now, doing hard work and labor, and getting multiple jobs. Yesterday, I achieved my goal of 300 dollars to buy a wii. I went to Gamestop at 8:30, waited in the cold for 1 hour and a half until the store opened, to reserve a Nintendo wii. After it opened, I went inside, with my hopes up, and asked the cashier, "Can I reserve a wii?"
These were his dark words . . . "Oh, sorry. We aren't doing that anymore. You were a bit late. We stopped yesterday night." Yesterday was the day I went to get a wii at gamestop, and on the way I was hit by a car and sprained my wrist and ankle. All for nothing . . .
I then asked, "Around when will you have some in stock?"
More dark words. He said, "We'll have them again around . . . " Not tomorrow, or next week, it was, "FEBRUARY." I have to wait for a wii until FEBRUARY.
I dont have money to buy online, and I also have a sprained wrist and ankle, with a sore back, all for nothing . . .
I am only typing with one hand, making it take a long time . . .

Please don't say
Sucks for you!
Or say,
Get over it.
I just wanted to say what the wii is capable of doing . . .
IT IS WORTH IT!!!
Thanks for reading my New Years Eve tale . . .

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm just glad you wasn't hurt worse! Hit by a car, wow! I hope you be alright, take care of yourself, both physicaly and mentally.

Secondly, I'm sorry that you wii hunt failed. I hope you can get one before February.

Isn't the online free?

And I'm sorry you hurt yourself. Like romj said, it could've been worse, your lucky.

my aunt waited on line that day and bought me one since i gave her the money to do so. she bought myself and herself a wii, and in return, i am going to buy her super smash bros brawl when i possibly camp out for it. i may just pre order it for her, but camping out seems more exciting.

AceAlabama said:
Ow...
All I had to do was pitch a tent outside Wal-Mart/Zellers for launch day!
(With Zelda, an extra Wiimote and Nunchuk, and NFS:Carbon; ALL ON LAUNCH DAY!!)
:yesnod:

I got so many new friends there...

Best place to pick up friends, is your local Walmart or Zellers :lol:

iOwnage said:
Isn't the online free?

He meant buying the Wii online, like Ebay.
If he doesn't have a Wii he is not worried about the cost of what the Wii's online is, although it is free.

And to Smileface.
I am sorry to hear that. Hurting yourself is never a good thing, and doing it and getting nothing in return is even worse. Maybe one of your pals can hook you up with a Wii online or something, or try other stores. Thats your best bet.

Ebgames sucks i never go there for any thing...but your better off going to walmart...sorry to hear that ....... But dont worry there be more shipments in january.. EBgames never tells the truth........No offence to ANY eb games worker in Wiichat

Aww, that's so sad.... My girlfriend went to Wal-Mart and one just so happened to be there... so she bought it, and this story made me realize that not everyone is that lucky.

Srry to hear that. I hope you can get the wii sooner than Feb. thats torture i'm only 13 and i worked all summer to get it and i didn't have enough money when my job was over (seasonal) and i only had 110$ so i stashed that and my grandparents bought me the wii for christmas i was so happy!!!!

oyea and
GET WELL SOON

Back