Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
Graphics/Sound (Xbox 360) - 8.2

Storyline - 7.5

Gameplay - 9.9

Controlls - 8.0

Character Development and Replay Value - 10.1

Overall - 8.7

The Good: Amazing size of a world to explore, random quests, loot and enemies, and difficulty settings right for any player.

The Great: Deathblow cinematics and more possibilities than you can shake a Jabberwock at.

The Bad: Streamlined level up choices, hours wasted selling loot, a few odd worthless quests.

The worst: Glitches and bugs galore, FATAL LOAD SCREENS!!!!

.... I played Oblivion for a week before Skyrim's release and in comparison it's a natural improvement in graphics and much much more realistic looking characters but the skill leveling has been toned down to avoid duplicate related skills .... I hate to say dumbed down enough to leave a strength attribute absent :s and in it's place a perk system similar to the Fallout series but you save these points until you want to spend them (ex. one-handed damage +20%) I am almost tempted to say Elder Scrolls IV is the better game.

Enemies are far more interesting as they don't act the same way every time (dragons an exception). For that matter any step you make could trigger a tougher foe, an NPC, or a good excuse to hunt deer.

There is no shortage of optional dungeons and you never know how deep a dungeon is. You may have to do a dungeon twice after a NPC triggers an optional quest. I ignored the main quest for the most part trying to build a tough as nails battlemage. 100 hours and no end in sight.

The main disappointment is how many glitches I encountered. I reccommend saving the game every 2-5 minutes for that reason. Lots of cheatable options I won't spoil for you.

If this loses Game Of The Year I will be shocked. Besthesda are argueably the master designers of the open world RPG.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOO Time for Link he has to wait for next year! This game will turn you into a good for nothing weight gaining thumb jockey :yesnod:

Hum, but Skyrim IS quality too... a lot of quality :)

Me and my bf have been playing Skyrim for a little while now, the world is so huge we've only been exploring and haven't started any of the bigger quests yet lol...

The world is so big and you get to do virtually anything you want.

Skyrim is a piece of **** of a game /Fact Bugs up the ass more so than a COD Wii game.

If I want to explore a "huge world" than I'd go play or anyone for that matter a good QUALITY game like Red Dead Redemption
or the almighty Monster Hunter which those two games enable you to do "Virtually anything you want" +more.

EDIT: For anyone who gives two shits. I've been MIA over two things..Work && Been playing Pandora's Tower (PAL) xD!

Last edited:
WROTE THIS BEFORE getting ****ed over by the backwards flying dragon and repatching. this the WORST game for patches otherwise I stand by 8.7, the glitches left on 1.2 are tolerable to me.

Last edited:
Accounting all the glitches (many serious ones as well), and how the content of the game is definitely geared towards quantity or quality, I can't say Skyrim would get an 8 from me. Patching is not an excuse to stand by instead of viciously through playtesting.

Though, it certainly is an enjoyable time waster like no other, so long as said glitches don't completely grind your gears.

If I want to explore a "huge world" than I'd go play or anyone for that matter a good QUALITY game like Red Dead Redemption

Second.jpg

I've had some awful glitches; especially with quest lines failing - but I've never stopped loving it! There's so much content and most, if not all is amazing! Along with the Dawnguard DLC, it's just such a great game!! I love it :)

Found the character dev very amusing. For example, when you have 100 on pickpoket, you can actually steal armour from people while they are wearing it! (with the perk, of course)
-And if you steal armour from town guards, they will then walk around in their undies from then on!!! _Funny

Of course, it did take me ages to get pickpoket skill to 100, but as I had completed all the quests in the game, I had time to waste in such minor stuff.

Oh, and I also have destruction, one handed, and heavy armour on level 100.
As a result, there is nothing on skyrim that can kill me.

Bads: many shouts are totally useless.

Bads: many shouts are totally useless.

T'is somethin' I also had issue with. In the face of Ice Form, every shout is literally useless. Marked for Death is a broken boss-killer too. Even when those two ain't a factor, the best shout is JUST the first word of Unrelenting Force simply 'cause it can murder an enemy/enemies' damage output when used properly. For a game mechanic so relevant to the plot and protagonist, ya'd think it'd be more balanced.

It's particularly saddening that the Fire and Ice Breath shouts are some'a the worst despite bein' the staple shouts of Dragons... and that their versions of the shout actually do high damage. You'd think the three-word versions would at least do massive damage in exchange for a humongous cooldown, but nope.

Although it's definitely a minor issue in comparison t' why I personally give Skyrim so low of a rating.

It might be some character classes might find the weaker shouts usefull. Wizard for example. Or archers.
Still, I cannot see why anyone would want to focus solely on wizardry, when you can do both, with magic spell on left hand and an axe on right hand.

Skyrim is a degradation of the series and made loads of mistakes, but it is still better than many games out there. It gets a lucky break for having about 20 years worth of lore and experience since it's part of a series.

Elder Scrolls Online looks even worse. Series seems to be going the way of Final Fantasy... damn.

Back