My Super Smash Brothers Brawl Character List:

Status
Not open for further replies.
too, detailed for now, just getting move set is hard enough... it would take a long time to contemplate a good % for every move taking in to consideration how combos would flow, movement speed, etc...

you said you can wavedash with all perfectly?.. when i use R it doesn't work as often with my chars, but when i use L it works more often, like with Falco and Fox... samus doen't matter she is real easy, same with young link, he isn't too hard either... but shffling make things real interesting. i have also gotten a lot better at intercepting and edge hogging, not just gaurding. its fun to wave land off and grab the edge just in the nick of time.
I can shine spike intercept pretty good with fox and shine juggle with Falco. I have finally gotten the tech down from edges of stages from holding on. i was not trying to do it correctly... :lol:...
I will have to post Marth's move set after my 12 hour shift. sorry... in another exercise... hooray... not... well hit me back with some helpfull hints if you have any...

you would like the BG of my page... its Falco and Zero... lol.. back to back

i have started using ganon/falcon, trying to see who i am better with, i am use to faster chars, so Falcon is coming easier then Ganon, but i am also gonna try bowser... :lol: gulp... who knows what i might find... i have a good set of chars already, but i want to expand my greatness, :lol:. i can already use Y. Link, Samus, Fox, Falco, Marth, Capt. Falcon pretty good an i am trying out; Bowser, Ganon, Link, Zelda/Shiek, and i am thinking about Mario...

I can wavedash with almost all characters perfectly. It took me about a month to get the hang of it and now its just become second nature. I use R for wavedashing. When I first started I used to use L but I changed to R because I find waveshielding and wavedashing out of shield alot easier to execute. Only thing I still have trouble is wavelanding. I will work on that once I'm technically and mentally 'good' with human battles.

Characters that have a very fast response to jumping will require faster timing to execute wavedashes compared to characters that are slow with their jumps. Samus is easy to practise wavedashing with.

If you're trying to learn wavedashing with fox, I recommend you practise with Luigi on FD until you can do it fluently, forwards/backwards/WD off edge etc.
Then change to a faster character and do the same thing again until you get the hang of the timing presses. One other important thing is - don't practise for hours on end, that builds up bad habits than improving your technical skills. Take a 15 minute break after practising for 10mins then go back and practise for another 10 mins. This process prevents you from losing concentration when practising and stops your brain from going 'stagnant'. Its a way of avoiding 'overtraining'.

Which button do you use for shielding naturally? L or R?

I can say one thing - you're better with fox and falco than I am! I'm not a natural 'fast character' player and that's why fox and falco don't suit my fighting style. I think this comes from when I used to main Link when I was playing 'newb' style and was new to the game.

One word of warning - don't try to be good with everyone because if you do it becomes harder to deal with players who are good with one character. It's good to know which characters have what as it will give you knowledge on what moves are likely to be executed by many characters.

Try to stick to a 'main' character and have a good secondary to back up incase the going gets tough for your main. Eg you main Sheik and you know on a serious level there will be someone who will have an unfair advantageover your sheik with their main, ICs, so you counterpick and choose Peach. Therefore Peach can potentially become your secondary character.

With Marth, there's more to him than just fsmash. There's short hop double fairs, the ken combo (fair to dair spike when intercepting opponents), and so many aerial and ground combos on stage you can think of. It all comes down to following the opponents DI. Pretty much no-one can overcome Marth's sword in the air except for another Marth.

ty Zelda for all the information on both threads, my "main" char is Falco, i accidentally fell into playing as him... i was good with him from the get go, just getting better as time goes by.

I naturally use R for wave landing/dashing. I haven't really tried wavedashing out of sheild how much better/easier is it?

I can SHFFL with falco easily, i am getting down the DI following too. And SHL/B isn't that hard did it yesterday, just gotta make sure to press Down after i press b... did the sheild sometimes... :lol:

I can also use Y. Link pretty good, as well as Fox... but they are all kinda the same... any suggestions for a diff style of secondary player...

Bowser is way to slow no matter what... haven't gotten to Mario yet, but the others weren't too bad, just gotta find out some combo's with samus and also remember that she can hook the edge too...

So my chars go like this i think; Falco, Fox/Y. Link (about the same depends on player/map...) then Samus. Zelda/Sheik came real easy, but i don't want to copy my friend, allthough we did a Shiek (me) Vs. Zelda (him) and that was quite entertaining... :)

(edited after adding to other thread) i need to work on L-cancling too...

any more info on Falco/Fox or Samus/Y.Link would be great and very much appreciated. again ty for the info Zelda and Ganon.

Last edited:
why do you say it is so hard? its really not, have you seen it done, in like a training method? if not i can give you a url to help. or you can just go to youtube.com and type wak017 in the search bar he has 3 advanced training vids out there and he is making a 4th currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back