my views towards the wii

Yellow_Wii

wii owner since release
Sep 5, 2006
Every time i get that urge to play on my wii, i plug it in, start it up etc

but i just stare at my 6 games ( red steel, zelda, godfather, mario football, sonic, wii sports ) and just sit there, wondering what to play.

I go through in turn, wii sports, great fun, but can i really be bothered to play by myself...

red steel, i completed this before and i hated a certain few levals and cant be bothered.

zelda, man this game was good, but now i have everything, is there any point?

godfather, thinking, now i could go around slaughtering people but theres not much point, few weapons and the story missions go along the same lines, cant be bothered, once again.

Mario football, i'm stuck on crystal cup and cant get past a certain part. The onlines good, but every time i get in the lead some noob disconnects me! :mad5:

sonic, its quite good but just a bit too repetitve to pla.

so it sit there just staring, wondering what to do...so i connect to the interent, no new messages, got nothing to search on teh interent, vote channel sucks, check if i've got any new mii's, just watched the news on ITV2, check the weather ( **** ), got no wii points to get VC games

nothing

i get bored and end up playing on my 360

i have to say that wii is supurb for multiplayer, but when it comes to single, it really does suck penis hairs.

i completed crackdown twice with all achievments and i'm not bored, i'm on my thrid time completing gears, not bored, online is really quite special, not bored.

i just have this feeling that the wii is slowly losing its novelty in motion and if they dont bring out some good 1 player games soon, they are going to loose quite a bit of money from customers, that are either moving to microsoft or sony.

anyone else feeling the same way??..

Yes. My Wii does one thing well - collecting dust while I wait for something good to play :(

Every other console I have ever owned has never sat this long so soon after I bought it.

Just wait until all the teenagers come to the thread and take what you say as an attack directed solely at them. "OMG YU R A RETARD"

I rep'd your post

i know how you feel, i just dont play it anymore, infact i'm thinking of selling it soon

youll just have to wait for new games. the 360 has been out longer, so you have a bigger selection. come christmas, you wont be able to put your wii down :lol:

thats where your wrong. i wont be playing because there will be better games for the 360. Halo 3, GTA4, assassins creed, dead rising 2, resi 5 etc etc

nintendo always gets the shizer games, i never owned a nintendo console and after this, i never will

they really have let me down

Even the Dreamcast did better than this at launch. Compare the quality of these two lists

Sega Sports
Sonic Adventure
The House of The Dead
CART - Flag to Flag
AeroWings
Airforce Delta
Blue Stinger
Hydro Thunder
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL Blitz 2000
PenPen TriIcelon
Power Stone
"Ready 2 Rumble
Soul Calibur
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
TrickStyle
TNN Motorsports HardCore Heat

Barnyard
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4 World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Open Season
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Exactly.

Last edited:
Nintendo has always started pretty slow but managed to knock out some amazing games eventually. (Goldeneye, Zelda OOT & MM, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Tennis, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros). These games are legendary and the reason they are is because a lot of time and effort went into them.
I own an XBOX and I can't really name any legendary games for it (I don't count Halo as legendary even though it was pretty awesome).

Last time I played my XBOX: 1 year ago
Last time I played my N64: Yesterday.

N64 = Nintendo = Wii
XBOX = Microsoft = XBOX 360

Have faith in Nintendo.. they always deliver quality games.

Wii = Nintendo = Virtual Boy

The industry as a whole considered Nintendo to be dead in the console arena prior to the Wii launch. Check my new thread about the top 10 games sold in february and read the attached article

To be fair I havn't seen many titles for the PS3 that appeal to me, thats not to say there aren't going to be some good games coming out though. I think the same can be said for the Wii, titles have been slow to arrive and theres quite a few that I don't fancy. But with games like Mario and Resident Evil coming out it should get better.

I was actually quite enjoying your thread, up untill you said:
"really does suck penis hairs".

Are you kidding me?, how can I honestly take you seriously when you say something like that.

But honestly this is twice in one day where i've read people complaining about their wii's and what not, and its all fine I guess, gets some good discussion going, but know what your getting yourself into before you buy a console ok?

This has been mentioned many times, people complaining about their Wiis because they are bored with it because of no good games so far. Yes, I agree, Nintendo had a pretty bad lineup in November, but that's no reason to give up hope. How long has the GC been around? 6 years? Look how many great games have come out and what a success it has been, along with the NES, SNES and N64. Virtual Boy was not the best anyway. Just be happy w/ what you have.

ciper said:
I don't think many people consider the GC a success....

It wasn't much of a success globally ... but to Nintendo fans it was. Here ... it was kind of winning against PS2... it was just a better party console, I had friends over every night playing it (20+). Everybody knew what it was ... I'm actually suprised that many people thought "Wii" was pronounced "Why"...
Hardly anyone knows what I'm talking about when I say Wii ... although the consoles sold out day before launch day at 11:00PM and set a sale record.

Amazing.

There's actually people online playing Mario Strikers right now.

Back