my views towards the wii

You're ignorant. I don't claim to know how Nintendo is running their company.. you on the other hand claim everything you say is fact without providing evidence to back your claims.

"The wii is perhaps 1/10th more powerful"

err well using your own examples of 500 Mhz and 700 Mhz.. clearly its just under 1.5 times as powerful.
In any case the CPU is only one component within a system of many components.

Here's a quote from wikipedia:
"More specifically, the reported analyses state that the Wii is roughly 1.5 to two times as powerful as its predecessor.[1][42]"

Please don't claim everything you say is fact.. you're clearly misguided.

My god the Wii owns... said:
"...damn 11 year olds that talk like that."
It's "...damn 11-year-olds who talk like that."
"One's that can't spell yet."
It's "Ones", no apostrophe. Ironic, eh?

Anyway, I repped the thread-starter's post because he expressed better what others try to say. I think Nintendo is doing the right thing, except they should've given us a "Resistance". What I mean is, PS3 owners have pretty much the same selection as Wii owners (in numbers), but PS3 owners had one thing from the start that kept them playing the PS3. I know that's not the situation for everyone, but I think this is how PS3 owners reacted to Resistance, "Hey, this is...a solid game. It's no Metal Gear Solid or GTA, but I could play this for a while."
We got Zelda.
Yea, it's a great game, but it's still just a Gamecube port. And Resistance had online play, so PS3 owners had no doubt that there would be online games in the future.

No it's not all that ironic really, considering many "11-year-olds" would have spelt much worse than I did. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to spell check my post for me.

powpowpow said:
You're ignorant. I don't claim to know how Nintendo is running their company.. you on the other hand claim everything you say is fact without providing evidence to back your claims.

lol, I am ignorant huh? Well sadly the joke is on you if you really think so. Welcome to wiichat by the way, i suggest you do a bit reading up so you dont sound "ignorant" like you do this time. kiddo.

"The wii is perhaps 1/10th more powerful"

err well using your own examples of 500 Mhz and 700 Mhz.. clearly its just under 1.5 times as powerful.
In any case the CPU is only one component within a system of many components.

lol you fail at math. Try .5 its a lot closer.

And you are stupid if you dont realize the importance of the cpu. Thats central processing unit kiddo, and no matter what you pack into a system, it will always be limited by what it can process. You see all those "components" have to communicate with that cpu, if they cannot communicate fast enough or well enough, nor have enough random access memory for the software to run in, then it becomes pointless.

lol nice try but you really should just admit I know much more than you apparently do and I am not a fanboy about it. Do you even try thinking things through before commenting back? If thats the best you can come up with please go back and get a propper education.

Here's a quote from wikipedia:
"More specifically, the reported analyses state that the Wii is roughly 1.5 to two times as powerful as its predecessor.[1][42]"
yay, someone who thinks wikipedia is a REAL and FACTUAL source of information. NOTT!

I just wrote up an article saying how you have mansecks with other men and watch furry pron, all in wikipedia. I guess that makes it accurate then right? lol

I dare you to use wikipedia as a source of information and your school, go ahead. See what happens.

Please don't claim everything you say is fact.. you're clearly misguided.

touche!

The irony of you calling me misguided, classic. I bet you didnt even understand half of that.

powpowpow said:
Don't pretend you know the intentions of Nintendo or whats going on within the company just because you read a few articles on the internet.
Dont pretend you know what your talking about cause you read one wiki.

Wikepedia is compiled by the public, as such can contain false information. It does however contain factual information.

Shiftfallout said:
lol you fail at math. Try .5 its a lot closer.
Actually I've just realised whats said on this forum makes no difference to me and even less to nintendo. I guess in the end whether your right about nintendo, and you may be, it just doesn't affect me.

However I certainly don't fail at maths.

.5 of 500 = 250...

1.5 of 500 = 750...

Use a calculator if you must.

powpowpow said:
Actually I've just realised whats said on this forum makes no difference to me and even less to nintendo. I guess in the end whether your right about nintendo, and you may be, it just doesn't affect me.

By responding, that says otherwise. Why even bother coming to a forum then?
Keep it up. =) This is entertaining.

So its less then .5 times as powerful then the GC. If it was 1.5 times as powerful, it would be around 1.2GHz.

Ive also realized a lot on this forum, a lot of people waste a lot of space on this small planet. Im still waiting for the enforcement of natural selection, like animals do.

LOLZ
Whats the PS3s power shift, do you know? (too lazy to look up) Thinking about picking one up in an hour. Playstation has my fav titles so I just might.

GamerCon said:
* PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
* 1 VMX vector unit per core
* 512KB L2 cache
* 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
* 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
* 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/PS3SpecsDetails_3.htm

adding to this:

"Cell CPU is ONE PowerPC chip and EIGHT DSP cores . those ones are not CPUs but dedicated chips, kind of 8 Altivec single precision chips compared to double-precision for G5 (http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/cell-1.ars). "

So though its clocked at 3.2ghz, unlike the 360s 3.2ghz the cell processing allows for multitasking, meaning the cpu can do more at once compared to the wii and 360s single focus cpu. Did that make anysense? The structure is completely different with the cell cpu. This is why MGS4 creater said that the ps3 is the only console that can run his cinematic quality game the way he wants it. The cell is also designed to help back up and support the gpu's processing if programmed to do so. <--that is key.

also as for the RAM, the ps3 has two 256mb chips, many seem to think it just has one. One of them is clocked at over 1ghz while the other is of average speed.

Last edited:
Nice, that makes it even more desireable... I will pick up the premium.

Meh, I hate to admit it, but im incredibly close-minded when it comes to games. I have some favs. (Gran Tourismo, Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, .hack//, etc.) But im going to rent Spiderman 3 first. (friends at work says it is uber)

BTW repped your post.

Oh shiftallout, you never learn do you son ?

Ya, your right, Miyamoto's ideas arent ever addressed. OH WAIT thats right, he created the WIIMOTE !!

Guess he is just a salesman/figurehead, guess his ideas never actually make it to production (Insert Sarcasm).

Once again Shiftallout, WALK ON HOME BOY, WALK ON HOME !

Back