My virtual console rant

white89gt

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2006
Warning: This thread is purely to vent a little frustration regarding the American Virtual Console offerings as of 12/5/06. If you don't care what I say, move on. If you agree with anything I say here, by all means join in. That being said, here goes:

[rant]

Why does Japan get all the cool ass games on VC when the North Americans and UK people will get $hi7? Do they think that we wouldn't buy stuff like TLOZ:ALTTP, Donkey Kong Country, or Street Fighter 2? I'd love to get to play those games again, especially since I never owned a SNES and my experience with them is very limited. I guess most of my problems is with the SNES releases. I really couldn't care less about the Sega Genesis or Turbo Grafx-16, and I've got a N64. I just think it is pure faggotry to short change everyone but the Japanese gamers. I mean, we got the Wii before anyone else and you're going to skimp on what we are offered initially. I know that in time we'll wind up with all the good stuff too, but come on....seriously!!! Is that really any way to get started?

[/rant]

We'll I hate how Japan get SO much more than the USA even if there are MORE of use here and they make MORE Money here. Its like 2 islands one has 1 million people will the other has 300 million who do you try and sell you iteam too??? The one with more people and beleive me the USA has WAY and I mean WAY more people and more gamers in Japan.
But I do agree I want N64 games and from what I have heard we wont see any more N64 games for over a month which sucks.
Also The Wii in Japan has Wii play and Bleach (I wanted that game SO bad) also on Zelda 4 swords they took out a Cool mini game (for no reason) but Japan had it. WHY??? Becuase they hate us for some reason.
Japan gets everything and it sucks for us.

I wish they'd give me the games I want, ie. Gauntlet Legends, and Goldeneye. And then I wish they'd drop the prices, to something I can afford without going "Oh God, I spent that much already?" after buying 5 games.

Flip said:
I wish they'd give me the games I want, ie. Gauntlet Legends, and Goldeneye. And then I wish they'd drop the prices, to something I can afford without going "Oh God, I spent that much already?" after buying 5 games.
I want the first Gauntlet I played that game so much as a kid but have not played it in like 10 years.

japan is a different market, there are new games every day and you have to FLOOD it to stay competitive. if they didn't they'd go out of business and you'd have NO games to play. that said, since you went to the trouble to make a thread specifically for complaining I will respect that and say GOD DAMMIT I WANT TO ****ING PLAY TOEJAM AND EARL ALREADY! I had my Wii since launch I bought it specifically to come home and play toejam and earl, i wasnt going to get any games period. VC is one of my favorite features of the wii but it's not living up to its potential. Waiting is frustrating. I know in time, like the rest of you do, we'll all be playing o ur favorite classics but man, waitin really sucks. especially when we all know what's coming out before the new year and everyone has at least one game from the upcoming line up they want.

price complaints are futile. these are (in North America at least, I just read a pretty major PAL complaint) perfect emulations of the originals, not remakes or anything like that. A lot of these games are out of print and off the market. They are *rare*
five-ten bucks is only five-ten bucks. It's reasonable.

xbandaidx said:
Maybe because Nintendo is mainly a Japanese company?

I wasn't looking for a real answer, the whole post was more of a rhetorical question.

did you actually see these games from a consumers wii console, I know they showed Link to The Past on the Wii menu during demos, but I think they chose those titles because they are the most recognizable and would catch gamers attention...

JerrodDRagon said:
We'll I hate how Japan get SO much more than the USA even if there are MORE of use here and they make MORE Money here. Its like 2 islands one has 1 million people will the other has 300 million who do you try and sell you iteam too??? The one with more people and beleive me the USA has WAY and I mean WAY more people and more gamers in Japan.
But I do agree I want N64 games and from what I have heard we wont see any more N64 games for over a month which sucks.
Also The Wii in Japan has Wii play and Bleach (I wanted that game SO bad) also on Zelda 4 swords they took out a Cool mini game (for no reason) but Japan had it. WHY??? Becuase they hate us for some reason.
Japan gets everything and it sucks for us.

Japan has a population of over 127mil, ignorant yank.

How much of a drought is Nintendo expecting!!?? Developers should be churning more games since Wii is easier to develop for. I have to admit, non JP Wii owners are getting screwed with the VC. Although they can't bring out the big guns already, but throw us a bone Nintendo!!!

Also, I know that these games were meant to be experienced in their original glory, but can you really go wrong with online multipayer?

jus. said:
price complaints are futile. these are (in North America at least, I just read a pretty major PAL complaint) perfect emulations of the originals, not remakes or anything like that. A lot of these games are out of print and off the market. They are *rare*
five-ten bucks is only five-ten bucks. It's reasonable.
they aren't rare... their copies!

you cant photo copy a piece of paper as many times as people want to buy it then call it rare.
they didnt make these games, the only work involved was turning it into an emulator (which many games already had been, alot for animal crossing). they could charge less, a lot less. esp for games like mario thats gonna sell 500++ copies anyhow.

i just think in a time of torrents and gametap.com that nintendo could try to deter people from stealing.

3 dollar games wouldnt be worth trying to hack, 10 dollar games are.

Back