my wavebird controller for gc isnt working properly

linktheman

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
I have a wavebired wireless controller that i tried using on the wii. However it doesnt work properly. I was playing the old wind waker zelda on the wii, and with the wavebird link just keeps going forward and i cant move back. Is it my controller or the wavebird doesnt work on the wii?

linktheman said:
I have a wavebired wireless controller that i tried using on the wii. However it doesnt work properly. I was playing the old wind waker zelda on the wii, and with the wavebird link just keeps going forward and i cant move back. Is it my controller or the wavebird doesnt work on the wii?
what do ya mean it keeps going forward? you mean the character during gameplay? well if so, i think its cause the controller sets the current analog placement as its center, so if you were holding the analog downward while starting, it recognized it being centered and moving forward.... if thats not it then, maybe it could be the batteries or channels the ir reads, if wavebirds have em

Wavebirds don't operate on IR. They don't have the IR sensors like the Wiimote does. Instead they operate on RF (radio frequency). That is why you can switch channels on the wavebirds . . .it just changes the frequency up or down that the wavebird controller is using.

csiguy4u said:
Wavebirds don't operate on IR. They don't have the IR sensors like the Wiimote does. Instead they operate on RF (radio frequency). That is why you can switch channels on the wavebirds . . .it just changes the frequency up or down that the wavebird controller is using.
yeah sorry thats what i meant

Back